Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thursday Sketch Challenge - 5/6/10 - STVSCVD10





WOW I can't believe this is the last month of sketches for me over at Stamp TV.  Good heavens but time goes fast.  I had every intention of making the sketches more challenging.. but I forgot how to do it!  I originally set these sketches up 2 months ago, and like anything with me - if I don't use it I lose it.  I need to go back to my mentor (Theresa Momber) for directions again.....[I hate to bother her though]  Meanwhile I was able to adjust this one a little and my sample shows how to "change" the sketch without changing the placement.  I used GKD Botanical Dreams illustrated by Asela Hopkins.  As you can see, I used the spotlight effect in place of the circle, and ribbon in place of paper strips.  My paper is GKD Passionate Pink.
Thanks so much for stopping by~~

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you spotlighted the orchid and use the sketch! Great card :D

Peggy said...

Very pretty! I too like the blue around the orchid to make it pop!
I need for you to teach me two things! How to insert a photo within a photo and how to create sketches. :-)

Theresa Momber said...

Vicki, this card is gorgeous!!! You are never a bother and I am always happy to help. You do fabulous sketches!!!

Joanne Travis said...

The coloring and shading around the orchid really makes it stand out so beautifully!! Really lovely card.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice use of colour and I like the circle treatment!