Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sketch challenge at SCS

This is my card for the SCS sketch challenge.  It is a very nice sketch and actually very easy.  I sure like the look.  I used my Clear Dollar Stamp set A Bird-day Hi.  I love all types of birds (I am sure you all know that by now lol) and this one is so fun!  I stamped him on colored cardstock (along with the balloon) just to see how it would work.  Not to shabby actually.  I wasn't thrilled with my color choice, but the more I look the better it gets. Plus, DH said it looked cute so I went with it!  Isn't he a cutie? (the bird - though DH is a cutie too- hee hee.)  CDS is now selling paper and ribbon that MATCH - as with the red paper and red ribbon I used, both are called Strawberry Jam.  Does that make it easy to shop or what!

Be sure to come back tomorrow for my STV sketch, along with the Stampin B's weekly challenge (its a good one..).  See ya later...

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous! Not only the sketch but I love your colors, Your coloring is always so perfect!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet little birdie and love the fun colors! I'm a bird image lover as well.

Mary Marsh said...

your hubby was so right about this card-its really cute-love the colors-this is a great layout as well

Francie G. said...

Good for your DH! This sweet happy card makes me smile! You coloring is perfection! Beautifully done!

Peggy said...

THis is absolutely adorable! Love that bird and the fun colors you used!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great use of the sketch and I love the birdie and balloon, too cute!

Unknown said...

AWWWW how sweet. I love the bird too! ;) *wink* *wink* LOL!
Super cute card my friend!
Hugs,
True :D