Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stampin B's #54

This is my card for the Stampin B's challenge.  This week Joanne challenged us to make a sun and an encouraging sentiment.  Well after I saw this card by Geri, I simply HAD to follow her tutorial for these FABULOUS sun (rays).  Her tutorial is so easy to follow!  In fact, this card WON her the Guest Designer position over at Stamp TV.  Well deserved don't you think!  Anyway, I used the butterfly  from GKD Take Flight.  [The antennas are black paper very thinly cut and then curled and adhered on the back of the butterfly.]  I colored it with copics (!), and the sentiment is from GKD Inside and Out.  I feel this sentiment is encouraging in a nice trait that a lot of people have ~ kind of left field, but it works for me!  My color choice is for Tina's color challenge over at Stamp TV ~ blue, yellow and red.  These colors worked well together ~ nice and bright.   Be sure to come on over to the Stampin B's and play this week!  We love to see what you create~~ Thanks for stopping by-

16 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful! Love the sun rays! I am going to have to try that technique!

Vicky Gould said...

Awesome coloring, Vicki, awesome card. Love your butterfly and those amazing colors!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a beautiful butterfly, Vicki!! I love these colors for this lovely card! WOW!

Joanne Travis said...

The colors in this are fabulous and really bring your butterfly to life. Gorgeous!!

Betty Benton said...

Just gorgeous, Vicki!! You did a wonderful job with Geri's technique!!

Julia Aston said...

This is beautiful Vicki! love that sun rays bg and the gorgeous butterfly!

Joanne (jojot) said...

gorgeous....gorgeous....GORGEOUS....a stunner for sure

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. You did a wonderful job with Mom's technique, I need to give it a try. TFS

redwasher1 said...

Vicki!!!!! I love it!!!! You did a beautiful job on the rays and the butterfly. Makes for a super gorgeous card!! Thanks for the link and your wonderful encouragement!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a beautiful card vicki-I love the sunray technique- iam going to have to give it a try. your butterfly is colored so wonderfully

Payne Holler Cards said...

goooorrrr-JUS! lovin that sunray tech...going to do one! your card is a stunner!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is fantastic, I love the take on the sun with the rays, really showcases that wonderful butterfly, lovely lovely lovely!

Wanda Cullen said...

I can't wait to try this technique...LOVE it! Your butterfly really pops against the yellow!

Unknown said...

Oh wow Vickie!
This is beautiful!
Love the use of primary colors!
Hugs,
True :D

Francie G. said...

Holy wow, Vickie! This is gorgeous! What a beautiful butterfly!

Becky said...

Gee Vickie I can not keep up, your produces cards way to fast...;). Love this card, love the rays, I say this tech. and must try it.