Thursday, August 29, 2024

Just Us Girls Challenge #742 - CASE a DT Week

I was fortunate enough to win/purchase a goodie box from Laura Bassen a couple of weeks ago. [Yes, I was so excited to "win" one!]  It was FILLED, I'm telling you FILLED to the brim, of stamps, dies,  hot foil plates, stencils...I can honestly say, I was overwhelmed!  All that said, today's card is made from a few of those goodies.

I started with a mini slimline base. [This is still my favorite size ever]. Using Pink Fresh Hot Foil Geo Blocks Plate and some gold foil, I made a smaller panel. [As of this writing, this plate is on sale for only $12!]  I went on to stamp and cut out Altenew's Cupped Flowers Complete Bundle.  On a side note here - I will be honest this was my 5th (!) attempt at getting these stamps lined up! [Yeah, I won't rush to use this set again. It was entirely too frustrating]

Lastly, I used Pink Fresh's Scripted Sentiment Hot Foil Plate for my sentiment and the matching die to cut it out.  

Overall, this card is okay.  I don't care for the colors of the flowers [and leaves for that matter], but I was done trying to get this card up to my standard [4.5 hours was enough time spent!].  I did mail this one to Laura BTW.  (I'm still questioning that decision 😏)

I hope you try to CASE this card.  The overall is easy to copy. Please pop on over to JUGS #742, check out the other team member's cards, pick one, and play along!  It really is fun for us to see your take.



Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... first, lucky you!! second, the foiling is amazing. I didn't get into foiling because I didn't want the added expense and storage of more plates but everytime I see a card I question my decision. This is amazing. Also laughing at your love of slimlines...good for you!

Lisa Elton said...

Lucky you to get all of those new goodies and look at you putting them to good use too! I have a few of those frustrating sets. It's a shame isn't it. But honestly, I see no signs of a struggle on this lovely card. I think Laura will love it!

Carol said...

You had me at Laura Bassen goodie box. I can only imagine what other great things you got in addition to the ones you used here.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I get the frustration thing. I do find that common with certain company's layering stamps.. I think your card is gorgeous, including the colors. You probably just got tired of messing with it. I'll bet Laura will love it too.

JoAnn said...

Congrats on the goodie box win. Your card card is beautiful. Glad you persisted in lining the die cuts up. I know it can be frustrating at times. Have a wonderful day.

cm said...

Congratulations on your win; sounds like a fabulous box of products. Your card is stunning! The flowers...the blocks background...the shimmer...everything! I hear you about lining up stamps/dies with this particular company; similar with stencils. The exception has been the Bouquet of Poppies; all the pieces play nicely.
hugs~c

Bobby said...

I'm so sorry you had so much trouble lining up the layers, Vicki. I have always had good luck with Altenew stamps. Even so you ended up with a wonderful card. I quite like your color choices.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a great haul! I think this is beautiful from that gorgeous background to the pretty floral cluster and sentiment. Fabulous card!

LeslieT said...

Wow, I wish I could be that lucky... I hardly ever win anything, lol! Despite your repeated efforts to get things lined up, your card is beautiful and one would never know!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning, Vicki. While I don't do foiling, I was very much inspired by your card. The lovely warm Autumn colors and layers of paper inspired my card. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.