Monday, June 3, 2024

Workshop Day 3 - Simon Says Monday Challenge

Well, I did not have time for Justine's Workshop Day 3's card yesterday, so, I did it this am.  This one was all about the Rules of 3.  While I didn't use 3 images, I did use 3 sequins.  Basically, the rule of 3 is the rule of odds.  It balances out your card better.

Once again, keeping the products limited was a big help for creating this card.  I love the bird - he is just fun.

The sentiment is from Simon Says.

==================================

When I saw the Monday Simon Says Challenge; Masculine.  Well, I had to join in.  I am all about masculine cards.  I started by using a die.  Because color to me makes 90% of a masculine card, I used navy, yellow and some striped designer paper.  Once I cut 3 out, I decided to go for a twofer.  I do love the look, along with a graphic feel of the end result.

Because it is suppose to be masculine, I used leaves rather then flowers.

Here they are individually;




I’m also adding this to the Color Hues Challenge #88.

Another fun day in the stamp room!  I learned some hints from the workshop, and adored the SS Challenge.  Good Day for me!


Thanks for stopping by~
ps - I have used affiliated links in this post at no additional cost to you. (All you need to do is click on the highlighted links in my post). Thanks so much for the support!

14 comments:

Glennis F said...

Stunning cards Vicki

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, these are all fabulous, Vicki! Love the layers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are great and modern looking designs!

I Card Everyone said...

Vicki, these are so fabulous! Loving your blue bird - but those two fun masculine cards have my heart today! Is this a die that cuts those curvy pieces all at once, or did you achieve it using individual dies? Either way, you picked the best papers! [the celebrate card fits the Color Hues challenge btw!]
=]

TK said...

The first take the cake for the simplicity of products, but your masculine cards are amazing, Vicki! Love the graphic feel

Karen said...

Bold, bright, and beautiful are those graphic, masculine cards! The design of the celebrate card is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Color Hues!

Colleen Begley said...

Vicki, these are both just beautiful! The masculine card caught my eye in the Color Hues gallery so I had to come over and read your post. These are really awesome.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, so many brilliant designs here! I adore the bird with the texture and the colors on the second set are so eye catching!

Stef Perry said...

Your bird card is fabulous Vicki, but the masculine cards are just eye-popping! The graphic use of the circles and the colored and striped sections within the circles are fantastic! Love these cards and I'm so glad you shared with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

I really enjoyed these cards, Vicki! Your bird card is darling but your circle cards are so eye-catching. Love them so much and equally. Glad to see you in the gallery at Color Hues.

Julie B said...

Three fab takes on the current Color Hues duo Vicki. The little bird is so sweet but I love the masculine ones, so bold. Thanks for joining us this time. :)

LeslieT said...

Wow, these are all great! Love the bold colors. And that bird, though!

Jeanne H said...

Great cards! I love every one of them.Thanks for posting them.

Hannelie said...

Fell in love with this when I saw it first on Instagram! Great use of the colors . So happy to see you play along at Color Hues!