Friday, October 8, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #605 - Trend Week

I loved doing this challenge!  I loved the end results!  Did I say I love this challenge?  You really need to try this one.

I'll be honest, this was my 3rd try.  [JM always makes it look so easy]  The trick?  Use an extra shim!  The more pressure, the better the end result will be.  

I started with a navy panel and just used clear embossing powder - I love how it lightens the design.  I grabbed a couple of die cuts from my stash, and finally, added the Thanks [Simon Says Thanks Shadow Wafer Die].  Once the background was done, this card came together quite easily.

Okay, your turn!  Seriously, this was really fun to create.  You won't be disappointed with result!  Hope to see you over at Just Us Girls Challenge #605.



Thanks for stopping by~

9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Vicki... I love the effect of clear embossing powder! I would never have guessed how dramatic it could be... will try that next. Fun, fun, fun!

Leslie said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your blues!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great effect from the clear embossing powder making those flowers really pop. This technique can be so addicting. You definitely rocked this challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

There are no ends to your talents, Vicki! This is awesome!

Nancy said...

Love your end results, Vicki! Gorgeous card!

Bobby said...

I never thought to use clear ep on colored cardstock, Vicki. Your card is gorgeous!

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeautiful Vicki. It all xcame together amazingly. Love the dark blues.

Cécile RIBON said...

This navy background is absolutely gorgeous vicky. I just love how it turned out with the clear embossing. I must give it a try one of these days.