Friday, May 7, 2021

Just Us Girls Challenge #583 - Trend Week

I probably use layers on 98% of my cards so this challenge is right up my alley.  I needed a grad card for my son's college graduation, and it layered rather beautifully!  Did I mention those 4 years went poof gone! [Actually, between his 4 years in the Navy, plus 4 years of collage - I have no idea where any of that time went!]

I am in love with this card!  I did use shiny silver for the year, that shows white in the photo.  You can tell better in the below photo.

I layered the 3 card panels, and then the year numbers and congrats all have 4 layers to them.  So yep, this card is filled with layers! 

Your turn.  There are so many ways of using layers - I hope you play along!  See you at JUGS Challenge #583.



Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it! And congrats to your son! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Love the shimmer, perfect for a celebration like this! Congrats to your son!

Macimbalo said...

Congrats to your son! He will love this amazing card!

Ina G said...

Simply bold bright and layered perfectly Vicki. The 2021 looks aaaaaamazing in silver. You must be one proud Mum. Well done.

cm said...

Congratulations to your son on his accomplishment. Your card is absolutely marvelous. I know he'll love it, as do I!
hugs~c

Bobby said...

I can see the silver, Vicki, and layering up the numbers really makes them stand out.