Friday, April 26, 2019

Just Us Girls Challenge #485 - Wild Card Week


I love this photograph!  So much inspiration.  For me, I used Jennifer Mcguire's Textured Alcohol Ink.  What a fun technique, and really easy!

I used an embossing folder that I have had for many years, and I don't think I have even used it!  Well today I did.  I used an inked panel [in my stash], embossed it, and then dug out my [very unused] sander and sanded away.  I am totally loving how this turned out!  I added on an embossed sentiment stamped with a  CAS-ual Fridays Shenanigans sentiment.  Don't you love it when you use tools that haven't been used in a long time?  I sure do. :)

Your turn.  Come on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge #485 and play along.  The gallery is going to be awesome looking!


Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow! gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

This has a fabulous majestic look to it, very pretty!

Macimbalo said...

This is amazing looking - love this color too!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is truly gorgeous! I think you should pull that sander out more often :)

Ina G said...

Wow you have done a super job using Jennifer's tutorial. Fabulous take on the mood board - so bold big and bright - so you. Love the big sentiment (and that set) and great finish with the bling.

Bobby said...

I saw that video and love the technique too, Vicki. Yours turned out beautifully and yes, it's a good thing we hand onto those old tools.

Nancy said...

This is bold and beautiful...I must check out this technique! Thanks for the inspiration!