Saturday, September 8, 2018

My Favorite Things Superstar 2018

Have you all seen the 2018 My Favorite Things Super Star contest is going on?  While I realize the chances of [me] winning is slim to none, I still made a Clean and Simple card.  What the heck, you can't win if you don't play :).  And yes, this is the first time I have tried out for this contest.  Just sayin.

You are required to use MFT products - no problem since I do love their products.  That said, I apparently used "retired stamps" - I hope that still qualifies me..

I adore how this card turned out!  I used the Blooming Rose stamp set [retired], and the big ole Hugs word die.  The friend word is from Label Maker Sentiments.

Once I stamped the images [with my MISTI of course] using a post it die cut for the masking, I then cut out the Hugs word.  I adhered 3 layers of white card stock, used the stamped letters for the top.  I then added a vellum layer -- I like the way this showcases the letters with just a subtle difference.

I hope this qualifies for this contest.  If anything, it was really fun to make!




Thanks for stopping by~

4 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely card, Vicki...good luck with the contest!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I already think you are a super star!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your pretty card with those gorgeous flowers on it. And, I agree with Karen...you are a super star!

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you've done with the die cut sentiment! This is pretty Vicki, good luck!!