Friday, September 28, 2018

Heartfelt Creations Alumni September Hop



It's time for the HFC Alumni Hop.  Yay!


This month I came up with a total different way of using the products.  [Well, different for me anyway.]


Doesn't look that different right?  However, what I did, was use the Wildwood Florals die only.  I die cut the shapes on the bottom left, and top right of a card panel.  Then using an inked panel that I had, I also cut out the flower shapes, and inlaid them into the die cut panel.

I added a strip of designer paper from Under the Sea Paper Collection, and some gems.  Lastly, I added a sentiment with a [really old] Spellbinders scroll die.  The advantage of this card?  It will mail beautifully!  Nice and flat.  Since most of my cards are mailed, this is perfect.



Below is the list of participating Designers participating in this month's hop.  Be sure to leave a comment on all the blogs to be chosen as the random $25 HFC gift certificate winner.  [You have until Monday, October 1st].  The winner will be announced on the HFC Blog on Wednesday, October 3rd.



Thanks for stopping by~

19 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great way to use that die! Love this inlaid look and bright colors! Thanks for hopping my friend!

SussiPoppins said...

....inlaid...Mm what a good idea. Inky hugs

Sandra Heitman said...

What a fun and happy card. Thanks for your time and efforts. Great work.

Denise Evans said...

Love that pink! Cute card!!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Awesome... I’ve been meaning to try this technique, but probably wouldn’t have thought to try it with HF before seeing your post. Thanks for the inspiration:)

SandiB said...

Beautiful card and loved the colors. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nuneka said...

This is very pretty, I love how simple and perfect it looks and how well balanced it is in colors and composition.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I like the way you inlaid the flower die cuts, and that it is flat for mailing. TFS

Leanne said...

Very pretty card!

Joyce Erb said...

What fun and inlaid adds a lot of interest

cghundley said...

Beautiful and love
the inlaid parts!
Carla from Utah

Kathy JH said...

Beautiful card - and love that it is mailable! The under the sea paper is one of my favorites!

Pat Bowman said...

Very pretty!

Natalie said...

Really cute card! Love the design.
natgodfrey4@gmail.com

disneylisa said...

I admit that I haven't yet tried inlaying die cuts at all. I'll have to add this to my list of ideas.

Sharon Roselli said...

such pretty flowers love the inked inlay idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful, I like the pretty pink blooms!

Helen said...

Love the simplicity of your card design, Vicki. It's a great way to use the HC products for a quick card for that unexpected moment. tfs