Friday, January 12, 2018

Just Us Girls Challenge #423 - Trend Week


This was such a fun challenge to create for that I made 2!  There are many videos on Galaxy Backgrounds - I probably watched 4-5 just to get a good idea of what I wanted to do.

I srated with this one.  I sponged on color, sprinkled on white paint for the stars, and then I cut out a circle so I could inlay my sponged moon.

Since I had the "circle cut out", I used it on this one as the moon.  I kind of like this one better, but really, I like both.  Making a galaxy background was really fun!

I hope you join in over at Just Us Girls Challenge and show us your galaxy!


Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Both are fabulous cards! Very different looks using the same technique.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Look at you with TWO cards! These are fantastic, Vicki! Love those silhouette trees.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two awesome galaxy skies. So beautiful too! I really love the last one you showed and the stars show so brightly in both of them.

Sheila H said...

You rocked the galaxy backgrounds, Vicki!

Ina G said...

Both beautiful Vicki. Such stunning night skies!

Lisa Elton said...

Splendid cards Vicki! The design and background on the second is AMAZING!

cm said...

WOW x two, Vicki! Your night sky in the first, complete with a full moon, is amazing! The second: galaxy gorgeous! I'm adding Black Soot distress ink to my collection so I can make more backgrounds, too!
Hugs`c

Helen said...

Vicki, these are great galaxy cards. I especially like the second card--the yellow swatch lights up the night sky so well! The sky is such a great backdrop for your trees and sentiment. tfs

Nancy said...

You nailed it this week! Your cards are incredible!

Cathymac said...

Your two cards are both beautiful but different, Vicki! I love the streaks of color with the tree silhouette on the second card! Fabulous job with both galaxy skies!

Bobby said...

Both are great, Vicki, but I love the second one and what looks like a meteor flying through the sky.