Friday, September 18, 2015

Fun Challenges!

I have to laugh-- I have some DT work that really needs to be done.  Not.in.the.mood.  Why is that, I don't get it. -- or I know I just want to play today - and I sure did! :)

I joined in the Fusion; Peacock Challenge.  I just fell in love with the inspiration photo.

And, the sketch was pretty cool too.   I used Inka Gold to add the background gold in.  It really is a fun product, that I don't use enough!  I also used Avery Elle Brushed for my sentiment.


 I went on to play in As You See It #104.  They are having an assortment challenge.  It was really fun building a card with the elements.

I used Paper Smooches Cyber Cafe set, and Blue Bonnet Diva Stripe twine from Whisker Graphics.

11221598_10155855871370085_3080822672221412171_n 

Another fun play day -- thanks challenges!!


Thanks for stopping by~

14 comments:

Ruth said...

I absolutely love the colours chosen - and the tea cup card is fab! Totally with you on just wanting to play sometimes rather than do what you need to do craft wise! xx

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Both are gorgeous, Vicki! I love your use of both the Fusion sketch and inspiration photo- your card is perfect!

Lynn said...

Wow! What an amazing take on the Fusion inspiration. Love your card Vicki.

sandie said...

I adore that double layered humming bird and that yellow background is amazing. Thanks for joining Fusion

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so well done and you certainly captured the colors perfectly too. Glad you got time to play a bit. We all need that and I know I did my share this week. I loved being on a design team but I find not doing one is a great asset too. I can create at my own pace and heart's content.

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY PRETTY Vicki!! Glad you decided to create for your self today. We all need that from time to time!

Jan Clothier said...

As a coffee-lover, this is a card I can appreciate! I love the blue/green ombre effect: such divine colours! And a clever knot as well. Just lovely, Vicki.

VanessaB said...

Looove it!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both cards are so perfect!! Love the gold touches on your bird card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION.

Deanne :)

Heather Cooper said...

Ooooh! I love that knot! And great work on the ombre effect! Gotta love the sentiment, too! Thanks for playing along this week with As You See It Challenges!

cm said...

A gal's gotta play sometimes, right? Bet that procrastinating on your 'assignments' lead to more inspiration, too. Two charmers here. The humming bird is dapper; the coffee cup delightful. Love that sentiment!
Hugs~c

Unknown said...

Love these great cards! I particularly like the coffee rings under your cup!! Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge!

Lyndal said...

FABulous colours and cards Vicki! So glad you enjoyed your play & joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Betty said...

Love all the cool gold on your pretty card, Casa. Thanks for playing along with the FUSION card challenge and hope to see you again.