Monday, July 21, 2014

SCS Color CHallenge CC488

Mary chose colors based on the Stampin Up Designer Paper All Bloom.  I really don't do SU, fortunately, she gave us a list of colors;
Blushing Bride
Daffodil Delight
Island Indigo
Lost Lagoon (new in-color)
Mossy Meadow (new in-color)
Pistachio Pudding
Strawberry Slush
Whisper White (our neutral this week)
Her dessert for this week is a summer theme. 

I went with summer colors, and loved the look so much, I made 2!  That rarely happens :).

I used vellum, and some Wink of Stella on my butterfly.

I watched a Tim Holtz video where he stamped using Distress Inks, and then put Perfect Pearl powder on the stamped image.  Well, I don't care for the smearing of my image :(.  I didn't want to re-do it though.  So there you have it - not all of my cards are successes :).

Come on over to SCS Color Challenge and play along!  We would love to see what you do with these pretty summer colors!


Thanks for stopping by~

3 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great card, but I love that background you did for the first one - fabulous colors!

Claire said...

Well that card looks like a success to me - my failures always end up in the bin lol! I love the randomness of the inked backgrounds on these...so pretty

Petra Swart said...

Now well, I definitely do NOT agree that, that lovely card is not a success!!! Looks stunning to me!!! Lovely bg on both cards and WOW, what a stunning butterfly!!! The sentiment on the first looks great on the righthand side and I love the cheerful, yellow polka dots. The black border on the second is perfect. Both stunning cards!!!