Friday, June 28, 2013

Dare 2B Artzy Friday

Dang it is Friday again -- so fast!  Like July is what 3 days away? Akkk.... :) Excuse me, but where did the last 6 months go?  Wow...

For today's cards, I joined in a couple of challenges;  7 Kid's College Fun Challenge Blog; red, white and blue with this card [for my son]

I used D2BA set, You.

For my second card I have a story... My 19 year old, new sailor son, has decided that his girlfriend and him are going to get married.......July 5th THIS YEAR!  [Yep, not kidding.]  Well, I think you can probably figure out how I am feeling about this -- however, knowing if I made any negative comments, I could loose my son, I am supporting him with this [crazy] idea.  I fly to Florida next Thursday for the Friday ceremony, while my husband and the future wife are driving straight through [30 hours].  Can anyone say surreal?? So, my second card is for my son and his [cough, cough] wife. [I do want to say, she is a really nice 18 year old girl, who is not pg]


and a little closer look;
I used the D2BA set Life is Good.  A very appropriate sentiment for this young couple.
I am entering this card into Color Throwdown, Simon Says Stamp Challenge; anything goes, and Word Art Wednesday; encouraging sentiment.












I hope you enjoyed my Dare 2B Artzy Friday.  I'll be back tomorrow with the JUGS challenge.


Thanks for stopping by~

8 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

Oh, wow! You've got a bunch of news, don't you?! Best Wishes to the soon-to-be newlyweds. Prayers for you, Mom! The cards are beautiful, btw!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, I love both your cards, but am so surprised at your sudden news! Wow. Surreal is a good word. I do wish the young couple all the best, Vicki. Good luck to you and DH to cope with everything, too!

Karen Letchworth said...

Both of these cards are lovely, Vicki. I really love the second one that you've linked up to our challenge this week. It has a great sentiment and is really sweet. Thanks for sharing with us this week. I hope you will continue to share your wonderful creations with us.
Many blessings to you this week - and always!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Congratulations Vicki,
The flight will help with the shock and give you that little extra time with your precious son. Both card are beauties.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW.
Psalm 23 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Vicki...WOW...I don't know what to say about that star card...it is AMAZING. You always do such wonderful cards!

Broni said...

Great cards, Vicki! Wow, what a shocker about your son's marriage, huh? I hope the wedding goes just as planned and that the marriage is a long and happy one! Love your cards! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card Vicki but I love the beautiful card for your son & his "wife" OMG what a shock for you, wishing them every happiness.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Rosie said...

The red, white and blue card is spectacular!! I love everything about it!! Thank you for joining in our 7 Kids College Fund Challenge. Hugs, Rosie