Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Special Birthday Hop for Ardyth

Today we are celebrating a fabulous [well known] stamper's birthday. IT'S ARDYTH!  I am sure you have seen her work in blogland.  If she isn't winning a challenge, she is on the DT of one!  Darnell Knauss, over at djkardkreations is hostessing today's party. You can pop on over and check out the other participants cards, and don't forget to stop by Ardyth's bog, MASKerade, to wish her a happy birthday~

For today's birthday hop we could CASE one of Ardyth's cards or just make one.  Ardyth has such a graphic style, that I chose to CASE one of her cards;



I am loving the "paint stripes" so I took it literally.











I used actual paint!  I love the effect and texture of this.  I embossed my doily, and spot colored my SU [really old] happy birthday sentiment.

Ardyth I hope you have a wonderful birthday.  It was a pleasure participating in today's hop and CASEing one of your cards!


Thanks for stopping by~

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. I love the paint stripes and the contrast against the colors with black is perfect.

craftieodmae said...

so colorful and happy happy!!!!

Mary Marsh said...

I really like this card Vicki-you do mixed media so well

Ardyth said...

Love the bold paint stripes - I bet they have great texture as well as colour! Thank you so much for joining in on my wonderful surprise birthday party, Vicki!

Marisa said...

Love the paint swooshes and splatter. Great card :)

Darnell said...

Oh, yay, uh huh, someone rocked the party floor!! Way to go with this absolutely PERFECT Ardycard, Vicki! This is so much fun, it's ridiculous! And the use of REAL paint? Jaw-dropping!

Thanks so much for joining in the party! Mwah! Darnell

Mary Ann said...

So very pretty,and colorful!

Harriet Skelly said...

Great case of Ardyth's card Vicki! Fun BD party Darnell cooked up!

Nancy said...

Going to have to give mixed media a go...this looks awesome!