Sunday, February 24, 2013

SCS Challenges

I took some time today to play in a couple of SCS challenges; Mix-Ability #4 - using water, and Featured Stamper  #316; stampinandrea.

This Mix-Aability challenge is fairly new over at SCS, and it is just fun!  I am always late since I work on Fridays, but at least I took the time to play [this week]. I really love to play with water and spritzing.  While Dina showed 3 different ways of using water, she didn't show the one I love -- inking an acrylic pad, spritzing with water and stamping.  I love the effect of this!

I used an older SU set [that's all I have in SU is old ha!] Mixed Bouquet, with a sentiment from Hero Arts, Good Friends.

I don't know Andrea but, she had a fun gallery [in my style].  I CASE'd this card;




While I CASE'd Andrea's card, I also made my butterfly embellies! Yesterday, I went shopping with my online friend Peggy [who was visiting Arizona for the week end] and I saw these at one of the stores:




Needless to say, I thought I would save money and make my own!  I have to say, I am rather thrilled with the way they turned out :). I am also entering this in to Less is More's challenge - piercing.

Speaking of Peggy, here is a photo we took of one of the few brick and mortar stores in Chandler, Arizona;

That's Peggy on the left, Nic [store owner] in the middle, and of course me. We shopped till we dropped and had a blast!  Thanks Peggy for a fun time [and lunch!].

Thanks for stopping by~





7 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sounds like a fun visit! Love those handmade embellished butterflies. They look very pro!

Marisa said...

Fun first card. L ove the blocks with the black flower overtop. Well done on the embellis too! Love the butterflies :)

Chrissie said...

Love those butterflies Vicki!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less us More"

Hannelie said...

Your card caught my eye Vicki!
Beautiful job!

gardener said...

Great job making those butterfly embellishments

Peggy said...

Ack!!! I am on your blog! I LOVE your butterfly card! I am going to try to get over to Scottsdale tomorrow. Wanna go? Haha!

Jen Nelson said...

Vicki this is a fab bold cas card

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"