Saturday, February 9, 2013

Having Some Fun!

Papertrey is still celebrating their 6th Anniversary until the new release.  There is some fun stuff coming out with this release... It will probably be OOS by the time I go to order anything, but I have no problem waiting - for a short time anyway.  So, today's challenge is a tag or bag.  I also watched a fun Mixed Media video by Shari Carroll, so I did both.

The thing about multi media is it really makes a mess -- freeing, but a mess.  I used many Papertrey images; Dot Spot, Framed, Fancy Flourishes, Butterfly Dreams and Polka Dots Basics.  I have so much fun with this technique.  I also love the fun outcome!




Now let's go to the other end of techniques and touch on my 2 favorite challenges; One Layer Wednesday [use a neglected color] and Less is More [one layer card with a music them.] I haven't been very consistent in playing in these two challenges, but I am happy to  join in today!


I used the retired Gina K Designs set, Gleefully Yours.  I think this is the only music set I own, with the exception of dies [which don't count on a one layer card :)]  My neglected color?  Purple.  I have no idea why, but I just do.not.like.purple.  What can I say...

Once again, I had a fun time today.  I am really liking Saturdays :)

Thanks for stopping by~
 


18 comments:

Sue said...

Brilliant! Love your stamps and placement. Sue x

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from LIM - That's a great stamp you used and I love the ribbon :0) Mo

Loli said...

Hola Vicky, fantastic music card, the microphone remind me the old films of the fifties with very sexy women singers:D, good work.
Hugs from Palma.

Marlena M. said...

I love your vibrant tags and musical card Vicki!

Rosemary said...

really fun card... love the ribbon!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Vicki. What cool tags. I just love those bflies and the washi tape. Great arrangement of your stamps on the second one. I love that.

nancy said...

I'm going to have to watch Shari's video so that I can make some fabulous tags like yours.

Chrissie said...

It's surprising what forgotten stash seems to emerge for our challenges... this is fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Grá O'Neill said...

Love your tags, the colours & the stamps work wonderfully together. Fab one layer card too :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Definitely LOVE those tags!!!

Marcie Rhys said...

Visiting from PTI, and boy did you shake their stamps up! Love seeing them used in a way that's new to me. For my money, it was worth the mess.

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous music stamps

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Lorraine said...

elegant and immaculate stamping

Lynne said...

Such a fun card. The ribbon looks great too.
Lynne xxx

fatmonica said...

It's a great card-love the ribbon!

Cheryl said...

Hey Vicki, Great One-Layer card. I like the placement of your music notes!

Darnell said...

I love the card you've entered in the OLW and LIM challenges, Vicki! Those are fabulous images together!!

Anonymous said...

Love that retro microphone, Vicki ... and what a great colour combination with the neglected purple! Anita :)