Saturday, February 2, 2013

A New SCS Challenge

They have a new challenge over at SCS - Mix-Ability!  I.AM.SO.THERE!  I love playing with mixed media.  This challenge will be a learning challenge also - teach us steps and ways to create mixed media.  This week's challenge is to use 2 different mediums - one matte and one shiny.  SO FUN!

I started with a page from a quote book I got at a garage sale for like 10¢.  I gesso'd it, let it dry, stamped the chevron bg, stamped the letters with SU Headline Alphabet [can I just say I have had this set of letters for 8 years, and I have used them once -- how crazy is that!  I will be using these much more - I love these letters!]  With red pigment ink I stamped the dots and cleared embossed them.  

I tried to pick up the "shine" but that didn't work.  You'll just have to trust me...  I am going to go ahead and enter this into the Moxie Fab Make Your Own Background Paper challenge.  I do believe this qualifies for that challenge too.

Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to next Friday's challenge with mixed media.

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Well done :) Fun card! Loving the polka dotted hearts.

Elise said...

GOOOO, girrrrlllll! WHAT a fun, ever SO pleasing to look at CARD! You ARE a prolific one, that's for SURE! <3

Lynn said...

So very cool! I love the background!

Lee-Anne said...

Hello, Vicki! Thanks for leaving your sweet comment on my mixed media card! This is such a fun card...love the colors and how you used your seldom used stamps :)

Cheri said...

Amazing, Vicki!! Well done with the mix media.

Anonymous said...

I am so in LOVE with this card, Vicki! Absolutely stunning! Great job!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is fabulous! You did a great job on it.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vicki! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)