Wednesday, December 26, 2012

OLW & Papercraft Star

It's Wednesday and time for the One Layer Wednesday Challenge; drink and a new challenge for me - Papercraft Star; snow.

Karen [OLW Hostess this week] had the perfect challenge this week; drink. I needed to make some ty cards for gifts received, and this worked perfect with the coffee theme from Verve 's Delightful & Delicious.  Good challenge Karen!




I also joined in Papercraft Star's Challenge 125 - this is a new challenge for me. Their challenge this week is snow.

I used some Versamark and clear embossing powder to make my snow, the fun trees from Flourishes Forest of Trees, and a sentiment from PTI Signature Greetings.  A white gel pen worked for snowy trees.


Okay, that is enough stamping today.  My goal for 2013? -- less stamping more "other" stuff; cleaning, cooking...........dieting....exercise........  Anyone have some ideas to make this attainable? :)  I need all the help I can get.  Breaking an addiction is hard stuff ;).

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Marisa said...

How perfect is that first card - especially coming from you :) Venti, decaf, non-fat latte please!! Love it.

The scene you created on the second card is amazing!! Fabulously done. BTW, thank you for your lovely card :)

Anonymous said...

Love it gf......so glad you had a chance to play along.....always love see your cards..

Sylvia said...

Your cards are lovely, Vicki! So glad you found us at the Papercraft Star this week, thanks for playing!

Jayne said...

Wonderful cards! I'm not going to be much help with breaking your addiction. The idea of trading stamping for cleaning just sounds wrong.

StephC said...

Both of these are fabulous! Love the winter scene card and all of the details. So glad you've found us at PCS! Thanks for playing along this week. Hope you'll join us again soon!
Hugs!
Steph

Unknown said...

i would stop stamping, too, or drinking coffee but i'm not a quitter! Great cards. Thanks for sharing

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom









sandi said...

I love your cards. The tree card is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Ardyth said...

Both are gorgeous - love the simplicity of the olw card and the depth of the winter scene!

craftieodmae said...

both of these are fantastic!!

Wordbird said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Love your snow. ;D
Thanks for stopping by my new blog. Hugs!

Cheri said...

Love them both. The latte is too cute and I just love how you made the snow...if you'd like to share that technique, I'm all ears/eyes. ;-) Good luck with curing that addiction....I'd rather stamp than do anything else! ;)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful cards. I host a wkly challenge at Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which the challenge this wk is Anything Goes Card with a sentiment. Please enter & let them know I sent you. You can enter multiple times as long as each entry is in a separate post.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP SS Hostess

Anonymous said...

Love your OLW coffee card ... so crisp and fresh and beautifully photographed ... and the snowy scene is amazing ... so many layers within layers! Anita in France :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous cards!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

Deanne :)