Monday, May 14, 2012

SCS Color Challenge

It's my week over at SCS for the color challenge.  I chose Pumpkin, Bashful Blue and Night of Navy, with a dessert of Father's Day.  Per the course, I forgot the dessert.  Good grief!

I pulled out some of my severely, unused Stampin Up stamps; Line Background and Mixed Bouquet.  These both are retired.  [At this point, I believe 99% of my SU stamps are retired!]  The sentiment is from GKD Pleasant Plurals.

I saw th1s sketch for a Guest Designer contest for My Favorite Things;











 I thought, yeah I can try for this.  So I pulled out the colors from SCS and went to work;

I was pretty happy with the results..........until, I realized I used THERE SHE GOES stamps (Flowers of Happiness) rather than MFT stamps! (whoops) Oh for goodness sake - what a dork I am.  Needless to say, I am not trying out for the GD spot.

Pop on over to SCS and play in the challenge!  I would love to see you there~
Thanks for stopping by~



3 comments:

Marisa said...

Yeah, flowers :) Great work on both cards. Love the second one!

Kathlene said...

Two beautiful cards, Vicki. Can't go wrong with flowers, retired or not, and I really like your color combo on the 2nd card. Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! Especially the last one...it's my favorite!