Sunday, July 11, 2010

Featured Stamper - Stephanie


Once again, I didn't know this stamper, but when it comes to CASEing it really doesn't matter huh?  LOL  Actually, I was more inspired by this card from the black hair!  I know go figure huh?  I wanted to use this new stamp from Innovative Stamp Creations Friendship and well, she has black hair!  LOL  I do have a question for all of you though - be honest - should I have colored the face??  I kept going back and forth - I really wanted the mouth and eyes to pop.  The direct to paper technique on the background came from this magazine article.
 I just love this technique!  So easy - and the effect... I just love it!  The wheat stalk is from Flourishes Beauty in Nature.  My DH doesn't like this card, but for some reason I really do!  Definitely not my usual style!  Thanks for stopping in~~

9 comments:

lililindsay said...

Love it. I think that your instinct not to colour the face was right. It is good to challenge your own boundaries by trying something new. I do this all the time.

Becky Jo said...

Wow! I love this card. It's perfect - I wouldn't change a thing! I can't take my eyes off of it. It draws you right in. I might just be CASEing you! T4S Hugs!!

Lisa Lara said...

This is one cool card Vicki.

Selma said...

Vicki this is a beautiful card. I agree with Becky - I wouldn't change a thing.

Francie G. said...

What an elegant image! Beautiful, Vicki!

Wanda Cullen said...

Hi, Vicki! Back from vacation and trying to catch up on my fave blogs. You've been busy with creating many beauties this past week! I think your card has a real artsy style and the image reminds me of a geisha and they typically have white or very pale faces...looks great to me!

craftieodmae said...

It may be the prettiest you have done yet! I wouldn't change anything about it! Frame it maybe. You could always do a secong and try coloring her face but I love it as is!

Carol L said...

I've always loved this image and what you've done with it is amazing! That blue panel sets it off perfectly! It's totally GORGEOUS!!!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! This is just outstanding!