Monday, June 7, 2010

STV Sketch & Build a Sketch

This is for Stamp TV's Sketch Challenge, but it is also for Build a Sketch over at Denise's Vacation Stamping Blog.  With Denise's she gives you the pieces to use and you place them how ever you want.  Too funny that when placed, it makes STV's sketch.  So, bottom line - I just accomplished two challenges with one card.  Here is what I came up with;
 I ordered Signature Greetings from Paper Trey Ink.  These are made by Dawn McVey. With the exception of my sister, I have never seen such beautiful handwriting!  Is it gorgeous or what!  The butterfly is Hero Arts.  I did score the far left, but you can't see it in the photo.
 -----------------
The only problem with Blog Hops is they take the top of the blog for how ever long they last.  So, I hope everyone gets to see these 2 cards since they are under the MFP Blog Hop.  I am putting another card on here too.  This was for my latest new favorite blog - Simplicity.  Her challenge this week was repeating.  Kind of threw me so I hope this works.  If not, I still like the card! [Funny note - I just found this blog a couple of weeks ago and now Susan is also on the MFP Design Team- we are DT's together - yep, I am so excited!!]
 These are my new stamps from Verve.  I have been having a really good time purchasing a BUNCH of new stamps.  If you are like me, you DON'T need any new stamps - but gosh it is fun to get them!  LOL.  Well, that's it for today.  I did a color challenge card for SCS, but I didn't like it well enough to post it here.  You can check out my SCS gallery if you want to see that one. hee hee.  Ladies, it's been fun - Thanks for stopping by,see you tomorrow - 



p.s. Thank you all so much for commenting~I haven't mentioned it lately but I want you to know how much they are appreciated!!  I only need 10 more to reach 100 followers and than I am going to offer some BLOG CANDY!!!

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Your cards are wonderful! Love the colors and DP's on the first card, and I love, love, love the Simplicity card! How much fun that you and Susan are DT sistah's!

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful designs and colors, Vicki! Great cards!

Marisa said...

Petals and stems is one of my all time favorite Verve sets and I just love the CAS card you made with this set. Also loving the first card - lovely use of the border punch down the side.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job V... and a beautiful butterfly to boot, woohoo!

Susan Raihala said...

Vicki! The butterfly card is DA BOMB! OMGosh, those little pearls on the punched border totally make it over-the-top special!

And thanks so much for playing along with OLW7. You may be uncertain about your card, but oh it makes my CAS-lovin' heart happy! So pretty, such movement in the wavy stems, and a clean layout with fun fun colors!

Denise Clark said...

Terrific job on the Build-a-Sketch Challenge! Love this card. I love that splash of green. Beautiful butterfly. Love it!

Thanks for playing along with the Build-a-Sketch Challenge!

I also really love your one layer card. The flowers are so pretty and bold! Love that you made each one a different color. Very Cool!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What wonderful colors, Vicki!! The one layer card is so striking!!

Mary Marsh said...

i love your verve flower card-its a beautiful cas design-great colors as well
your build a sketch card was lovely-great border