Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sketch challenge at SCS

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the sketch today over at SCS.  Last pm I had downloaded a sample of Beautiful Blooms dp from Papertrey Ink.  I really liked the colors,but I was wondering how I could utilize it.  The sheet looks like this:
 Just a small square of each paper.  Well, when I saw the sketch...
I was thrilled!  Here is my card:
 
Now do you see why I was thrilled!  I got to use the sample.. for FREE.  (I really like free)  I will probably end up ordering this paper~~ I really do like the colors and the patterns.  Actually, I really am liking PTI products period!  I might have to try and get a Guest Designer position... I would love that!
This image is a sneak peek of MFP's July set "Apples & Camellia".  A very fun set.  Tomorrow I will have another peek at this same set.  Hope to see you come back.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous! Perfect use for those tiny papers ... love your ingenuity!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great use of the little paper swatched, I love how you used the sketch, and the bright colours are lots of fun!

Becky said...

Fabulous job on this challenge. Great idea with these little squares,

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Okay.....I did print a sample once just to see what it looked like, but I never used it...duh. LOL! This is fantastic, Vicki! Love the flower, too! Yes...FREE is always good I think!

Joanne Travis said...

Enabler alert!! Love this paper and how you used it on this sketch, Awesome job, Vicki.

Peggy said...

Beautiful card and I love the way you used the squares! Awesome sketch card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

love it just as much as I did the first time I saw it on SCS

sorry I haven't been to visit for a while....real life took a turn this week...lol!!!

Mary Marsh said...

your sketch challenge card is fab-and you got the paper for free-sweet-

Julia Aston said...

what a great use of the PTI sample sheet Vicki! love the card you created - the colors are super as well as that pretty bloom!