Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Color Challenge SCS

My To Do List is getting smaller, and I am forgetting basic things like POSTING TO MY BLOG!  Sheez - what a dork~LOL.  I was thrilled to see the color challenge included yellow - actually it was Barely Banana - but I had pre-colored this awesome little VW Bug from Clear Dollar Stamps and I thought it worked quite well.  This car is just so fun - I had so many mention the memories it brought back for them.  My DH has a friend who restores VW's so I will send this on to him.  Thanks for stopping by~~

13 comments:

Peggy said...

Super cute card! You...forget to post to your blog! Geez....you better stop riding around in the car with the top down! :)

Marisa said...

Love that bug :D I learned how to drive in one and remember my brother and I sitting in the "booby hatch" behind the back seat when we were small. I'm sure your DH's friend will love it :D

Becky said...

This brings back memories..I owned a red one myself. This is so cute.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love your bug, and it fits so nicely on your card, the scrolly things are great too!

Julia Aston said...

Love the design of this and your fun bug Vicki! the scrollies look great too - I had a red bug in college and I just loved it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is adorable! I drive a 74 super beetle!So fun!

craftieodmae said...

Cute as a bug, (hehe)

Bonnie McLain said...

Cute card like I said on line Vicki... it did bring back memories to me... that is for sure...

Joanne (jojot) said...

now...this is one type of bug I would love to have...lol!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That little BUG sure deserved to be yellow! What a great choice! Your card is wonderful!!

Mary Marsh said...

your card caught my eye in the scs gallery-it's such a fun card-love the vw bug-you used the colors in the challenge well

Wanda Cullen said...

I so love this card! A navy VW bug was my first car back in the early 70's...loved that little bug!

Joanne Travis said...

LOVE that sentiment with the VW bug. So clever and creative.