Sunday, March 14, 2010

Verve Challenge - March 3

(If you need GKD Hop click here)

I was busy yesterday (Saturday) but I couldn't upload my cards since STV was running a Birthday Hop and I needed to keep my sketch on the top.  Since I don't know how to do that.... (if you do, please let me know for future reference thanks!)

This is for March week 3 challenge for Verve.  I used Delightful & Delicious set - I love coffee sets.. [as you might not know,] I work at Starbucks~~ so coffee and me....yep love it!  I stamped, cut out and popped-up  my cups.  Finished card is 5.5 squared.






We have a fisherman friend who is in the hospital with heart problems, so I made him this card.  This is also for Crazy 4 Challenges - a male card.  I used SU Gone Fishin (I think that's the name) stamp set.  This was one of my first sets I ever purchased...way back when.  I love using my old stuff.  I really have to force myself - [the new is just more fun!  LOL.]  I colored my images with copics.  No cuttlebugging on this one... though looking at this maybe I should have...hmmm






This card is for Taylored Expressions Sketch challenge.  I really liked the way this one turned out.  It was a fun sketch to work with.  Again, I used Verve Celebration of Thanks.  
 My star nesties got used again too,  [Love that set!] along with my new K&C Designer Paper.  I made a taylored bow to go with the SU punch strip.











Lastly, these card holders (and card box) was made for Karen's challenge over STV - Anything but a card.  Karen included a tutorial for making these fun little items.  Sure will work well for my mil who has arthritis!  I used GKD's Pressed Flowers, and A Year Of Flowers.  I used a glittered pen for the flower centers.  To color these flowers I used my big sponge daubers and sponged on summer sun and really rust leaving some white in the middle.
Thanks for stopping by!  And, if you left me a comment on the birthday blog THANKS alot!  Wow was that a fun day reading all the wonderful comments!!

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous cards, that coffee one is great!

Marisa said...

Wow, you've been busy!! Great set of cards. LOVE that fishing card - such a fabulous masculine card. I'm sure your friend will adore it.

Brenda said...

Vicki your cards are fabulous!! I love the fishing one it is the bomb!! To keep a post at the top of your blog when creating your next post set the date to a time before the one you want to keep on the top. This is done at the bottom of the screen where you are making your post. I hope this helps and if you need more info let me know.