Tuesday, June 21, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspirations #81

It's time again for the STAMPlorations Inspiration Day.

Today I tried something COMPLETELY different for me.  I won a Craftsy Class free preview from Miriam Prantner's Class; Fresh Eyes on Card Making Supplies.  In one of the lessons [there were 7]. she used a stencil.  Well, because of ARTplorations, I had to try this technique.  It is easy [right up my alley], and fun to do too.  To make my card, I used ARTplorations Bold Florals, along with a sentiment from Big Greetings.


To make this card, start with laying your stencil over a panel of card stock, and using a pencil, [lightly] trace the image.

Color in the image using whatever medium you want.  I used Copics, but water colors would worked perfectly too.  Once your coloring is complete, just erase the pencil lines.  [Fake art :)] and complete your card.  Easy, right?

Come on over to the STAMPlorations Blog and see much more inspiration from the Team.  Don't forget to leave your comment -- there is a monthly random winner of a $10 gift certificate to the STAMPlorations store.


Thanks for stopping by~

9 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Love the beautiful flowers, Vicki!!! Such a fun technique!!!! Lovely colouring with the Copics!!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Loll said...

Great technique Vicki. Love your bright and happy card. xx

Patti said...

Oh wow! fantastic stencil! and your coloring is awesome : )

Patti

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Yeah, Vicki- my high school colors!!! Love this!

Verna Angerhofer said...

AWEsome. I like how the black outlined saying works so great with your card. Love the flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

Bold bright and beautiful!!

Suchi said...

Such a cool technique! Great coloring! :)
Suchi xx

cm said...

Stenciling with a twist...and using one of my favourite STAMPlorations stencils, to boot! Soooo pretty! I may give this a go...with pencils, because we know how well watercolours and I get along! HA!
Hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Clever coloring, happy card!