Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Challenges!

I popped over to Paper Playful to see what other challenges were around blogland and came up with a couple of new ones!  I started with Sketch Saturday, We Doobadoo; embellishment, and one I haven't play in for a long time, Less is More; make me smile.

Well, I have to say, even though she is no longer with me, my Mom makes me smile!  I used STAMPlorations Mom's Subway Art Builder #5.

I used my own embellishments too;


 Shimmer Smooch for a sparkle, bow with roses, and sequins.

I might of stretched the sketch a little with the center, but I just saw this technique, and wanted to try it.  I used my MFT  Snowdrift die to cut the panel and then left space between when adhering it on to my card base.  I love this look.


Another fun Saturday, creating in my stamp room~


Thanks for stopping by~

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty card and I like the colors!

Anne said...

Vicki this is beautiful!
Happy Easter and thanks for your LIM entry.
Anne
Less is More Designer

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a super sweet and gorgeous card, Vicki!!!

Jan said...

Fab card Happy Easter xx Jan

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love the colours, and the shimmer.

Roxie said...

Love that shimmer and the colors.
Happy Easter!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful colors and wonderful card design. I really like it a lot!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is a real beauty, Vicki.

Chrissie said...

Thoughts of my mother bring a smile to my face too Vicki.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jen Nelson said...

what a fabulous sentiment


Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Unknown said...

OMG Vicki, this card is gorgeous. Love the shimmery look and the colors are beautiful. Really love your bow with the flowers too.

Cathy P said...

Beautiful card, Vicki. I love the color choice and the watercolor look on the sentiment panel. Great embellishments and take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Cathy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I love your embellishments, Thanks for playing along with us at We Do Doobadoo, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Anjie said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in our use embellishments challenge at http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/
Anjie (DT)

Deepti said...

Oh my my!! I love all the shimmer and shine on this one :) gorgeous

Macarena said...

Vicki, the card is fabulous!
Great colors and totally love the stamp!
Thank you for joining us at STB this week.
Hugs, Marzena DT