Saturday, July 13, 2013

Just Us Girls #197


This week Maria has chosen Mixed Media technique.  I love this type of stamping -- be forewarned, it is really messy.  However, it is so relaxing to just stamp - paint - layer, whatever strikes your fancy.

I did another page in my journal, and I am also entering this in to the Mixed Media Challenge; light blue, turquoise and a neutral.  I will be honest, I worked on this one page for about 2 hours!  [really??] - I just wasn't that happy with it so I kept adding layers.  I used Gesso, paint, ink, paper, gems, washi tape - HA! you name it I think I used it on this page!  I had fun -- that is the most important part :)
A little close up:

Have you tried this technique?  I highly recommend it!  Really, it is fun~  Maria has a video link on directions to start and then you can go from there.  I hope you join in -- Hope to see you at Just Us Girls Technique Challenge.



Feel free to follow me on Bloglovin [on the sidebar] -- Google Reader is no longer. Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I so want to start an Art Journal(just trying to find time to fit in all the crafty things i want to try!)I love how you can layer and add until you are happy-your page looks great :)
Nessa xx

Lisa Kind said...

So cool Vicki! Love all the elements you used! Looks like you had loads of fun!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

So cool, Vicki! I will have to try one day soon!

Maria said...

This came out great! Nice job!!

Marisa said...

Just LOVE this, Vicki!! fabulous mix of elements here :)

kateri said...

Hi, I really like (love) the work you did on this project. I like all the art you create. I particularly like mixed media. I'm just getting started and am in the midst of gathering supplies. I have watched a LOT of videos of a lot of different artists. What I would find helpful, if you please, is if you would list what supplies you used. You would help a lot of people who are new to paper art. Once again, I love your work. I really like the colors you chose. Great work. Have fun creating.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Vicki! What a fabulous journal page! I love all the details and layers! Thanks so much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Unknown said...

Very fun! I love your journal page. I really want to take more time to play with this technique. Great colors also!

stampingbowd said...

I love this fun page with all the circles and great Washi!

You made me smile about taking 2 hours to create your page. Took me all evening and on to 2am to finish up my two pages!!! So glad you posted to AMMCC because after clicking on your post I found my way to JUGS!!! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a great page in your journal Vicki! (I really have to start one!) love all the stampings and textures on this!

Sue Lelli said...

Vicki, totally looks like you had FUN! Love all of the layers and textures and elements! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge !

Sue Lelli said...

Vicki, totally looks like you had FUN! Love all of the layers and textures and elements! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge !

Jill Norwood said...

This is lovely! I had fun making mine too and I agree that is what it is all about!

Maria said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, Vicki! Love this page with all the layers of color and stamps...great job!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is just gorgeous - there's so much to look at on your page - love it!