Saturday, October 13, 2012

JUGS #158 - Technique Challenge

Hi Everyone - for my JUGS technique challenge this week I picked a tried and true one; Emboss Resist.  I am sure you have tried this technique before, but go for it again!  I love the way you can use different colors to get different results.  I used silver embossing on my card!

I used Gina K Designs, Joyful Holiday.  My background I got from Brenda over at Benzi Stamps.  I was so impressed with her card, I wanted to try this fun background, and I loved the end result!  [Thanks Brenda!]  Basically, crumple up a piece of cardstock and re-flatten.  Using distress ink pads with direct to paper, swoosh ink across the page [highlighting the bumps].  Spritz with water.  So, I guess I used 2 techniques on my card.  [2nd one is a freebie :)]

Come on over to Just Us Girls and play along!  We love seeing your creations.

Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Elise said...

THIS is GORGEOUS, Vicki! Absolutely MAGNIFICENT use of technique! I am LOST in this card and LOVING it! Thanks for the tremendous and orange flavored inspiration! Yipeee!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! That background looks amazing and I love the silver embossing for the resist.

Lynn said...

Oh wow! The color on this is beyond amazing Vicki! Way to rock the technique!!

Marisa said...

Looooving all that orange!! Gorgeous silver imag and love the sheer ribbon. You rocked this technique :)

Anonymous said...

So, since you made your background using the direct to paper technique where is the emboss/resist part of the card? It looks like you did the silver embossing on the crumpled DTP background. What am I missing?

Lisa Kind said...

I love your background technique! Such a cool effect! Great technique this week too! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

This is flippin' GORGEOUS!!! Love those colors.