Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Spy Sketches #31

This week, one of my favorite CAS designers, Karen Dunbrook, was spied with this card.  Here is the fun sketch


















I was so inspired by this photo from Pinterest;
It really screamed my name!  So, between the sketch and the inspiration I came up with this beautiful card!

 I used [once again] clear embossing on black card stock - I love this look!  Using the fun background images from Gina K Designs Pretty Patterns, I am thrilled with the added texture.  I used Memory Box's Vivienne Butterfly on gold mirror paper and there you go~ gorgeousness.

A couple of close ups for you;













I loved this sketch and hope you do too!  Hope to see you over at I Spy sketches playing along!

Thanks for stopping by~
PS - Just FYI - I had surgery on the 22nd and am now back home.  It still will be a few days for something new showing on the blogo here, and just wanted to let you know so ya all don't jump the email ship :) -- I will  be back..... :)

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving that fun embossed BG on the black and the butterfly is fabulous!

Eloise said...

beautiful card! I love that background stamp... especially on the black and embossed.

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous - love that clear on black

didnt know you had surgery - take care and dont hurry back...we love ya and arent going anywhere (-:
will add you to my prayer journal
hugs
Linda

Unknown said...

I know I commented on this card in stv, but I wanted to comment again. Wow...this is one beautiful card. I absolutely love love love the black on black embossing with that stamp set. I'm sure it would look with with others, but that one is awesome. And, to be inspired by that butterfly pin was amazing...you did a great job with that. Really came out beautiful.