Thursday, August 2, 2012

For Your Inspiration #35

Once again, Step amazed me with the gorgeous photo she found



Is this a beautiful church or what?  Love the turquoise!  I thought I had some mirror paper in that color, but apparently... not. I did however have gold and navy blue, so I used those.


The biggest problem?  This mirror paper is a real bitch to photograph.!  I gave up after 4 times - this is it.  I ordered the Fancy Flourish die cuts from Papertrey, and the 2 squares of color are paint chips!  I love that!

Inspired by the photo?  Come on over to For Your Inspiration and play along [check out the DT's samples while you are there too].  We would love to see how the photo inspires you.

Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh! Very nice, Vicki! Love the shiny paper! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, and inspired. What an absolutely stunning inspiration photo. I love your "take" on it, so clean, simple and elegant. I know what you mean about the pic losing the sheen, but knowing its there you can imagine. Imagine its great!! Love the recycling paint chip idea, how clever are you? That's why I have to come to your blog, you always amaze me! Well done. AnnaJernigan(no blog)

Cheri said...

Wow!!!! You captured the essence even without the mirror paper you didn't have. Stunning as always!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I think paint chips open up a whole world of possibilities to us crafters! I have a drawer full of 'em. :)

This mirror paper is super cool!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A super take on the photo Vicki - lovin' the paint chips! Metallics can be sooooo difficult to photograph, but look awesome IRL, and they look awesome on your card too - great photography!

Have a happy weekend - Sylvia x

StephC said...

Gorgeous card! Love the paint chips. Great take on the inspiration photo. I also thought it was fantastic that you used the word "bitch" in your post. lol You go girl!
Hugs!
Steph

Deanna said...

Great inspiration card! love the paint chips with the metallic elements.Beautiful!