Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mid Week Challenges

Did you all (my em subscribers) get bombarded with an email from my blog last pm?  As you could tell, I didn't stop stamping -- however, Blogger had stopped sending!  I finally (with help from my friend Tina) got it fixed!  It sent out ALL of the posts it missed (7 days worth thank you very much) in one  long email!  I am so happy it is working again!  My opinion of Blogger has sort of dropped -- there was NO HELP at all from the Blogger side.  I was even looking at changing to another blog company.  I am so glad the problem got fixed, I really did not want to start all over with another company.  Okay - enough of that...

Today, I am playing in The Ribbon Carousel blog challenge; a sketch.  Every week I have good intentions to play in this challenge and it never happens! 














Not today! First thing this am I got going on this card~

and a little close up of the ribbon, along with my self made button! (Wait until you see what I am currently working on with buttons -- too much fun!)

I used my Hexagon cutters (on sale!!) for the background.  Yep, I cut 1 at a time, however,  I love the end result, so it was worth the time invested.  All other shapes [and flowers] were in my scrap drawer.  I am trying to use my "mistakes". :)  They work.  On a side note CONGRATS to the artist of this sketch, Debbie, who is the newest Dirty Dozen Member over at SCS!  Go Debbie!!  Have fun over the next 6 months.



For my second challenge today I joined in with.......my favorite One Layer Wednesday -- mini masterpiece. One of my favorite "sponging" stampers, Heather Telford, has joined up with the OLW Team (yep - they have a team now!) and is hostessing this week. Seriously, if you want to see some incredible cards, I highly recommend perusing Heather's blog. Heaven, absolute heaven!

I just love the masked off look with sponging! Heather was the first stamper I saw do this, and she has really started a trend!  It is everywhere.  I used my hexagon cutters and sponged on the inside.  I removed the cutter, masked the shape with post-its, and stamped the silhouette image from Stamp School's Flowers for Mom and used the sympathy from Christian Sympathy, also from Stamp School.

Once again, I am so happy my em subscribers are getting my posts!  I hope you are happy too. :)

Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch and love the sponging on the second!

Heather T said...

Hi Vicki,
I love your hexagon creations, especially the CAS one for my challenge. I have always taken the simple route and masked a square, circle or oval; the hexagon looks wonderful, as do your bold colours and silhouette in the corner.
Have a great day,
Heather

Chrissie said...

This is a really bold colour choice for your OLW card Vicki, which works brilliantly! Great to use a different shape too.
Super job!
Chrissie

Colorado Crafter said...

May I ask what kind of "hexagon cutter" you used? I've seen others using hexagon shapes lately so would love to know what kind of cutter you've found. Thanks!!!

Cheri said...

Sooooo good to have your blog back up and working!!! Love those hexagons and the sponging technique is totally awesome!! Fab cards as always, GF.

Payne Holler Cards said...

glad you got all working - blogger is a pain but at least its a free pain LOL
love these with the hexagon shape - where are these cutters? and self-made buttons !!! looking forward to seeing more on those too!
hugs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Vicki, both of your cards are da bomb!! Absolutely stunning, gf! I saw those hexagons the other day, but I forgot where...? ;D

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Lovely cards, Vicki--and I hear you on the whole Blogger frustration. I get frustrated when things aren't running smoothly, too, but when things are going well--it's golden. :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Both are absolutely beautiful!!! Love the hexagons!! So glad you decided to join us at The Ribbon Carousel!!

Bumblebee said...

Love that you used a hexagon for your one layer wednesday card!