Friday, February 3, 2012

NEWS & I Spy Sketches #1

Exciting NEWS!  Kim Teasdale is back in action!  She has started up a new sketch challenge called I Spy Sketches.  I was beyond thrilled when she asked ME to be on the Team.  It is such a perfect opportunity since I always start with a sketch!  My teammates are none other then exceptional stampers (which, is sort of intimidating to me, but than again it makes me work even harder at making killer cards!)  Today is Sketch 1 of the challenge site. 

This is going to be an exciting challenge as we are perusing everywhere looking for YOUR sketches to create with.  Who knows, one day your card and layout could be FEATURED!  Today's stunning sketch comes from............ oh you are going to have to pop over to the I Spy Sketches blog and find out.  [Wow -- it is a stunning card!]  Meanwhile, here is my sample using the fun sketch.

I used the beautiful Poppies image from Paper and Such.  I just adore this image!   My scallop Border Carnival is by Cheery Lynn.

I hope you pop over to the I Spy Sketches blog and play along!  Be sure and become a follower, and while there, check out the beautiful work of the amazing Team Kim put together!!  You are in for a treat~ and oh yeah, don't for get to play! :)

Thanks for stopping by~


7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Vicki, I have followed your blog for a while now and you are one of the most talented creators I've seen. I love every one of your card including this one. The poppy is colored just perfectly I, too love that image. That Cherry Lynn border is so pretty and the blue gems are a wonderful addition. I look forward to seeing even more of your creations on this new Challenge. I'm so glad I found this site this morning. It looks like it will be a lot of fun.
Enjoy your weekend.

Linda S said...

Congratulations! Love your colours!

Kim Teasdale said...

Love that wonderful pop of red in that relaxing sea of blue! Gorgeous card Vicki! *love*

Christyne said...

I love the bold and bright colors you've used!! Beautiful card!!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous colors!! LOVE that red flower!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the bold colours.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vicki! That Poppy is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration :)