Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Freshly Made Throwdown


Are you like me and buy, buy, buy then put it away, and than FORGET you have them?  Well, if not, good for you - me on the other hand -- slap my head!  I am so happy to use my new Verve goodies - and yes, I forgot about them... :(.  There were even DIES now you tell me [who loves dies] how I could forget that!  Kinda ridiculous I'm thinking!
Anywoo, I used the 2 Verve dies for my tag with sentiment Every Season, a sizzix bird die [that I really have had forever] and PTI leaf die, along with the triangle border die.  It's simply a dyin card! :).  I entered this for the Freshly Made Sketch #4 and the Color Throw Down 161; coral, chocolate, green and poppy.


I got a request for some bookmarks and this is what I made.  Just a fun little project, that will make me a little money anyway.  I wanted a goodie box to put these in rather than a bag.
Here is a side view.
I wanted to share how easy it is to make a box.
[Thanks to my friend Karen over at Studio at the Lake] who made box making so easy for me!!]

BOTTOM:  Size you want plus 2" all around - gives you a 1" edge.  [My biggest bookmark was 3x6.  My box bottom cardstock was 5x8]

TOP: same size cardstock plus 1/8th" [My lid cardstock was 5 1/8 x 8 1/8]
Final box measures 6.25 x 3.25 - perfect to hold the bookmarks and what great re-usable packaging.


Oh yeah - just FYI -- I found my photos from my Watermark Tutorial!!  I have reinstated my watermark directions at the [tab] top of my blog.  If you want a watermark for your cards I have made the directions very easy!!  If you create a watermark, I would love for you to let me know how the directions were for you.

 Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the patterned background - beautiful colors! The tag looks wonderful against it!

Unknown said...

Vicki, you have aced these challenges. I LOVE this card. Blessins, Diane

Broni said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! And I love your bookmarks and container too! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown this week!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Beautiful job on this project and the box is fabulous! Thanks for the shout out too! Had to laugh- you had dies hiding in your craft space??? Bwahahaha.

Mary Marsh said...

love your color throwdown card vicki-great layout-I have been there buying something and not using it-
the bookmarks are really pretty whoever ordered these will love them

Barbara Colbert said...

OH I am SO glad you found your tutorial....I've been trying to figure out how to do a watermark!! YEA!!! Thanks!!!

And congratulations on your new position with Repeat Impressions!!! GREAT!!!! YOU will be an excellent addition!!! GOOD JOB!!! :-)

Tui Nathan said...

Beautiful card Vicki ... these colours are gorgeous, such a bright happy card... perfection!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Sometimes I think I am the queen of buying stuff, then forgetting to use it. Glad to know I'm not alone. Great take on the sketch this week. Love all the colors you've got going on. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

When I buy something I always use it right away but then I forget about it!! LOL! Your card is stunning Vicki, love the use of DSP. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

You do such beautiful work, Vicki. This is gorgeous and so cheerful. I like finding goodies that I forgot about! It is like a free shopping day or something when I do. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.