Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sketch Challenge SCS and One Layer Wednesday












For the sketch today at SCS I just had to use this digital image from Clear Dollar Stamps called Peaceful Shores.  You all know me by now, anything with water and well yep - I love it!  I must say I like this one MUCH better then the other one I made~ this is nice and vibrant!

This is my One Layer Wednesday entry.  I just chuckle, these one layer cards are so easy that they don't seem like a card~ but than again, if your image and sentiment aren't placed correctly, they won't look good either.  I think I understand the placement.  You don't want to center it - has more character  off centered.... I think that is it anyway.  Correct Susan??  [LOL - I hope she sees this] What do you all think?  I'll let you be the judges... Anyway, I used GKD stamps Hope Grows and Masculine Messages for this card.

Thanks for stopping by~~

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh, love that butterfly!! Gorgeous CAS card!! Great use of the SCS sketch too. Your scene is lovely and the sea shells are perfect!!

Francie G. said...

Two beautiful creations, Vicki! Love the coloring and shading of the first one! Love the simplicity and that beautiful butterfly of the second!

Mary Marsh said...

vicki -your sketch card is fabo-love all the little touches you used- you certainly have the knack on these cas cards

Anonymous said...

Perfect CAS card Vicki - love the butterfly. And your Peaceful Shores card is just gorgeous. I love the netting and the shells x

Susan said...

I think it's a great CAS card! I love that you stamped the butterfly in a color...so pretty!

Susan Raihala said...

Fabulous placement on the OLC! You hit the sweet spots for sure! And your first card is lovely as well...that blue just makes me long for the beach!

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Love your CAS card! Simply elegant!
The sketch card is wonderfully brilliant and the touch of netting is perfect!

Joanne Travis said...

Love your beautiful blue beach card!! Really fabulous, Vicki!!
Thanks for leaving so many nice comments on my blog today, that was so nice of you!! One of these days I am going to catch up on all of mine too :)