Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Break Challenges

I am so use to my blog being loaded up with my Team challenge stuff, I was shocked to see I actually had an empty day!  Then, it dawned on me - oh yeah, I'm on a break from 95% of my teams this week!  Cool -- off to find some challenges to play in~

I started with Curtain Call; Candy Cane

I used Simon Says Kate Snowflake die, along with a sentiment from my newest Hero Arts, Stamp & Cut Holiday Tree. I used Brusho powdered ink for my background.  These are so fun to create with.  HERE is a video I found showing how Brushos work.



I went on to play in Color Throwdown #323, along with the Retro Sketch #146.

I used the super fun Echo Park Camera & Happy dies with a fun coffee button.  [I tried to get close to the colors with CTD - unfortunately, the photo rather tweaked them.]

 

This made for a fabulous Monday!  Thanks challenges~


Thanks for stopping by~ If you have a question, please leave an email so I can answer you :)

11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the look of the Brusho crystals - I just bought some and have only tried them a bit! So pretty in the red - Merry Christmas!

Shery Russ said...

Fun cards, Vicki!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool cards - fun to have some time off! Happy Holidays to you!

~amy~ said...

super fun cards!

Sheila H said...

You really have some cool dies, Vicki. Your designs and colors pop. That Brusho is amazing.

SD pooja said...

Loved both of them,The splashy bg on first is so nice

Colleen Dietrich said...

Whoa! That splashy candy cane card is dynamite!

Merry Christmas, Vicki!

Julia said...

Wow! That powdered ink is so cool. You really know how to inspire me. Beautiful cards.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Vicki!! Ummm WOW like this is BAMMM awesome lady!!!!!!!

Linda Beeson said...

The red background on the snowflake card is amazing. I need to find out what those powders are.

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards!! Love the use of retro sketch and CTD colors!! Thxs for playing girl!!