Friday, October 17, 2014

A Free Friday

I actually had a free Friday today on my blog.  That means I get to play in a some challenges!

I started with Paper Players 217 with the colors, went with One Layer Simplicity #10, Fall Theme, and used some embossing to join in the CAS on Sunday #44.

I used an older set of Hero Arts, Real Leaves, that I purchased from Susan [OLS] about 5 years ago. Very appropriate for using for the Fall theme of the challenge.  I embossed my leaves with white embossing powder and then sponged on the colors from Paper Players.


I also did a card for the STAMPlorations October Challenge reminder [embossing and stamps], but also joined in with the Card Concept #21 Challenge, a flower photo.

I used STAMPlorations, Bloom Sketches and Happy.  I water colored my embossed flowers.  So.much.fun.!


As stated, this is also a reminder for the STAMPlorations October Monthly Challenge; embossing and stamps. Super easy, and you can use any stamps you want to!


Thanks for stopping by~

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning leaf card, love the flower card too. Karen x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Vicki!

Jaydee said...

They are both gorgeous cards, Vicki, but I totally love your leaf card. What a great way to showcase the colors. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Cheri said...

Great cards! Love the embossed leaves and sponging. Gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are so beautiful! I adore your leaves card and that birthday card with those lovely flowers on it even made me feel happy and it isn't even my birthday. So I applaud you on great work my dear!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Beautiful cards. The first one is SO Autumn!

Petra Swart said...

Love both these cards, Vicki!!! Such lovely colours on the autumn card and I love those falling leaves - beautiful!!! Such a pretty leaf stamp and it embosses so perfectly!!! Love it!!!!

Your watercolouring is really great, Vicki!!! I love those stunning flowers against the bright green - so striking!!!
...and I have to tell you again how much I love that 'happy' die - looks great every time you use it!!!! Lovely, cheerful card!!

Have a super weekend!!!

Yapha Mason said...

I love your fall leaf card with that gorgeous sponged background! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Deepti said...

Oh my gorgeous is the word for these beauties !! Love them both

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, loving the rich Autumn colors.

cm said...

Autumn leaves, pretty sunflowers: I love it when you have "free" Fridays! Gorgeous cards, both!
~c

shirley-bee said...

... And before I get to commenting, you're already a headliner! Fab cards :)

Cheryl said...

Great fall card Vicki! Love your beautiful sponged background and white embossing.Thanks for joining us at One-Layer Simplicity.

Kristie Larsen said...

Wow Vicki! This is such a stunning card. love all the glorious colour! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

anja curvers said...

Wow two stunning cards love them. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

Shery Russ said...

Stunning cards, Vicki! The second one is just so bold and happy!

Sharyn Polesel said...

You are definitely the queen of color, my friend. Both cards are gorgeous!

Angela said...

Vicki, these are two gorgeous cards! It's great seeing your creations at The Card Concept!