Saturday, July 12, 2014

Just Us Girls #249 - Trend


For one of our new challenges over at Just Us Girls we are using TRENDS.  For our trend challenge this week, Cheryl choose - Woodgrain.  This look really is making a come back, it was pretty hot a couple of years ago, and has been showing itself recently again in blogland.  We are on it!

I used turquoise card stock, scored it and made my own woodgrain look using white pigment ink and brown, streaking it down the panel.  I used my MFT Thank You die-namic and layered it 4 times for the added depth.  I also used Hero Arts, Antique Flowers and Butterflies.

You don't have to make your own wood grain, I just did for fun. Pop over to Just Us Girls #249 to see the array of samples the Team has made using this week's trend.  We sure hope to see you play along!


Thanks for stopping by~

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a near card, Vicki! I love your homemade toned woodgrain! What a stunning panel! And, then the added TY layered die cuts! What a great idea! Those butterflies and dogwood blossoms are perfect!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your wood grain background and the way you made that wonderful greeting blend into it. The butterflies and flowers are a perfect addition! Great color too!

Nancy said...

Love Everything about this card Vicki! The colors are so cool and the blended sentiment!! One of my favs for sure!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- Amazing wood grain Vicki. Fabulous card

shirley-bee said...

FABulous! Love that background!

Marisa said...

Great colour wash on the wood grain BG!!

Unknown said...

Nice card Vicki, love the colors.
Save it for me please.

Becky said...

Love the colors for the wood grain and sentiment. Fabulous card.

Victoria Lavender said...

Your barn door effect is wonderful! I haven't tried this yet. Love those colors too.

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful job creating that woodgrain bg! Love that popped up word too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love your woodgrain and how you layered the sentiment and blended it in with the background.

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my! I really love how you created the wood background effect and the raised thank you! I must try this technique! Awesome card, Vicki!

Petra Swart said...

What an awesome woodgrain bg you have made, Vicki!!! And the way you have done the sentiment is just great!! This is really amazing, Vicki!!! Everything is just perfect!! Love it!!

That will be it from me, for now!!
After a busy week and with the kids returning to school on Monday I will hopefully have more time in my craft room and at my computer now!!

Have a super weekend!!!