Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sketchbook Saturday & Butterfly Challenge

Today I am joining in with Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday #100, along with The Butterfly Challenge #5; charm.



I used STAMPlorations, Mom's Subway Art Builder #4.  Traveling around blogland I came across using a water method of stenciling.  Ink up your water paper, spritz the stencil with water and lay down the stencil [I used Studio Calico Mister Huey's Butterfly stencils] over the inked panel.  The water reacts with the ink and makes a water colored image.  Very cool end result~



I got a new Dare 2B Arty's stamp set, Hot Air Balloon with die, and had to create with it!  I came across Catherine & Cathy Create #029, blue & yellow.  Perfect.


Right?  Living in Arizona, we got a ton of hot air balloons flying around. The designs and colors are just fabulous against the blue sky.  I think this set was made for me :).

Well, that's it for me today - I'll be back tomorrow with some more challenges!


Thanks for stopping by~

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Vicki,
Have linked you in manually. There were two entries sitting in the interface. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Wow. Very impressed with your card. I had to look twice for the butterfly! Don't know how I missed it. The colours are fabulous and the little charm ingenious. Thank you for fluttering by first for #5. Hugs Mrs A.(butterfly challenge).

Shery Russ said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oooh I love that stenciling technique! Will be trying that for sure. Two gorgeous cards!!

Sheila H said...

Love the vibrant colors - great cards.

Unknown said...

Love the colors you used and the hot air balloon looks like it is going to float right off the card. Love them!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Awesome cards, Vicki!

Deepti said...

stunning is the word for all ur creation, I love the technique u used for stenciling, haven't tried it yet though :)

scrappymo! said...

This is a fabulous card. I had to look twice for the butterfly and totally loved the verse and the charm...great card!

Cathy Caines said...

That hot are balloon is so fabulous. Ive never done one but someday I will. Thanks for playing with Catherine and Cathy Create!