Saturday, November 16, 2013

Retro Sketch #90

Over at Retro Sketches 90, we are once again getting to CASE Laurie's sketch. I love it when I get to CASE her card - or her sketches anyway. ;)

 I started with a free TY SVG download from Mel Stampz. Have you seen the FREE digi paper [and sometimes] images this girl shares with us fellow bloggers??  Seriously awesome!!  I spend hours figuring out which one [all] I want!

And, because it is a "word" svg I was able to make 2 cards in a super short amount of time!
However, I struggle with vellum -- I saw the glue BIG TIME on the second card [can you say measles?] and was so unhappy with it I couldn't bring myself to post it.  Here is a peek at my disaster - so bummed this happened!


Thanks Retro for having an awesome stamper for us to CASE!  At least my first card turned out~  Also, thanks Mel for the fabulous download!!


Thanks for stopping by~

3 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ou! Vellum. It looks amazing, Vicki. It is so very tricky to glue isn't it, but you did a fabulous job. Love the layout of your card & the colours are such a neat combo! I'll have to do something with vellum soon... :-D

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is so retro and reminds me of the 60's and high school. Love this !

Julia Aston said...

Cool card Vicki! I have some glue dots that are made especially for vellum - they are tiny so you can't see them...