Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inspired By Stamping March Blog Hop


For this month blog hop, we are challenging you to make a card using the chalkboard technique.  I can see why this technique has gone cyber-crazy!  It is such a fun, super easy technique, with just outstanding results!

While most stampers use black card stock, I saw over on Pinterest using colored paper.  Well, Pinterest comes through again because I think colored paper works quite awesome.  I used the IBS stamps, Pirates, along with the beautiful Colonial Rose satin ribbon;   I love the way this looks like a ghost ship.

I made a little tutorial on this technique [so you don't have to go hunting]:

Stamp - emboss - sponge white ink over the top

I hope you give this a try and play in the Inspired By Stamping Challenge. The winner will receive a $25 gift card to the Inspired By Stamping store. And yes, you can use any stamps you want for this challenge.


Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Paperesse said...

Great card, Vicki! And it really does look like chalk!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I have to try this technique..I have seeing it many times but hey so many cards, techniques...where is the time?. thanks for sharing I love the ghost boat
bibiana

Cheri said...

This looks great on colored paper. Great job with this technique...I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the tutorial.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love your spooky windswept pirate ship!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh.. Spooky!

Thank you for sharing a tutorial as well :)

Hopping over to Calypso's Blog. :)

Regards,
Vithya

lisa808 said...

Fabulous card! I love this set for the chalkboard technique.