Saturday, January 28, 2012

JUGS #121 - 3D Challenge

Today over at Just Us Girls, Marie is challenging us to make a 3D Valentine inspired project.  The other night I was perusing Pinterest (such a cool place) and was inspired by this cool photo;



I used my new Bosskut Gazelle* to cut my letters, made little half boxes, and mounted on a frame I made with my Grand Calibur.  It's basic, however, it is for my DH and foo foo he isn't :).  I kind of like it for a desk decoration, or it could be hung on a wall too.
I hope you come on over to JUGS and play.  Remember, Valentine's Day is getting close and nothing says love quite as much as a handmade project!

Thanks for stopping by~
*ps - yeah, I am still struggling to get my new toy working properly.  I so dislike having to "train" myself rather than having someone show me.  So honestly.... I am procrastinating :)




I am so bad I needed to get this announcement out yesterday.......oh well better late than never!
I am so excited to let you all know that starting NEXT Friday, I am on the amazing I Spy Sketches Design Team! I was personally asked by Miss Kim Teasdale (yep, that Kim Teasdale, from Paper in the Works) to be a Special Agent! WOW!! Drop my jaw -- so complimented I just can't tell you!  Anyway, I of COURSE said yes!  So, pop on over to the I Spy Sketches blog, check it out, sign up for emails, and/or become a follower and see who is on this team!!  Next FRIDAY (2/3) we are having the first sketch -- play along!!  This is going to be a fabulous challenge site! Hope to see you playing~

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...love your inspiration photo! What a great way to take on the 3D challenge Vicki!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your manly project! Great how you turned that photo into a FAB project for your DH! Also congrats on the I Spy! Whoo! Hoo!

Maria said...

LOVE this fun in red! AND congrats on making the ispy sketches! I will have to check it out!

Dana Gustafson said...

So fabu Vicki! I love the simple sentiments and they have you interpreted the pinterest photo. Also, huge congrats on the new DT spot!