Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deconstructing Playing Verve


This card is for Deconstructing Jen #23 - sketch. [I love to start with a good sketch! They are also running a DT Guest Designer position challenge. I can't even come close to the way the Team colors (oh my - fabulous), but maybe they'll be looking for a CAS Designer??? Anyway, I won't know if I don't play. I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe #103- Rust, Almost Navy and Buckaroo Blue are really the closest I had -- [pretty close actually]. I really liked these colors together, [though I am not sure my photo really portrayed them accurately] and the last challenge was Verve's Get Your Diva On -- use a handmade embellie. You can see my cute little crocheted flower in the center of my flower. I used the Verve stamp set Dream Big.
I believe this card covers all these challenges. Have to get back to the puupies.... boy can they get into stuff! :)
Thanks for stopping by~

9 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Vicki!!! Way to flash some Verve adn what a great take on the sketch and CC!! Fabulous card :)

Lisa Lara said...

I just love your layered borders Vicki!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Really cool colors and the design is fantastic! Very nice!

TuKara said...

Fantastic job.Magnifique!!!

Katja said...

Lovley card-like the clean and simple style!
Hugs Katja

Jen Shults said...

This is wonderful! I do adore CAS cards so you just never know what will happen, lol. :) I really like how you used those stamp - really nice use of white space. :) Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Vicki! Love the sweet blossom!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful card! LOVE those lacy scallops! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Lovely use of our colours, especially that gorgeous scalloped layered border, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week! (good luck for that guest DT post, CAS is good!)