Saturday, July 30, 2011

DTGD Challenges - 5 days of fun, Day 1

On the Dirty Challenges, you do need to be a SCS Member to play.  You can find information on that here.  Meanwhile, I will be showing you my cards over the next few days since there are about 5 challenges a day.  Oh so fun!!
 This is really my first official watercolor.  I have made attempts in the past -- they ended up in the trash.  I really liked the way this one turned out!  I was able to get some pretty vivid color.  My images are from Gina K Designs Garden Fresh.  I love the font Gina used in this set - it looks so hand written and personal.  This also qualifies for my favorite challenge Less is More - a fruity CAS card.
 I was so inspired by my blog friend Heather Telford over at Bits & Pieces- she does amazing cards with sponging of ink.  I loved the way the ink blended on my CAS Christmas card.  When I make more of these (which I will), I will change the type of ribbon to make it easier to mail.  The tree is a Mark's Finest Papers image from A Walk in the Woods and my MC is from Hero Arts Holiday Sayings.
This is a tissue box cover!  Again, CAS since it is for my son's bathroom.  I entered this for the ABC challenge, but CASED this from the Featured Stamper for  this week, Anna.  I can't remember the last time I made an ABC project.  I really enjoy making them!
That's it for my Saturday -- I just had fun all day!! :)
Thanks for stopping by - I'll be back tomorrow with more completed cards for more challenges!






28 comments:

Sarah said...

These are all wonderful! I can't believe that is your first watercoloured card it looks perfect to me!

Mandi said...

Fantastic fruity card Vicky
Perfect!
Love your Christmas card too!
Thank you very much, have a good week
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Both fabulous cards Vicki... and I'm so glad we're your favourite challenge. Your watercolouring is amazing and the card itself, perfect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS projects (LOVE the colour of your box project) and your LIM is SUPER

Kathyk

Anonymous said...

Fantastic fruity card, love it!
Helen x

Susan Raihala said...

Vicki, what awesome projects! The fruit card is stunning, and the tissue box is sooooo cool! I, too, am going to CASE Heather's idea...totally awesome, isn't it?!?! Love your Christmas version!

Rosemary said...

love your LIM card!! the fruit looks so yummy!

Zoechaos said...

Super cards love the fruit XOXO Zoe

Anne said...

What a brilliant bunch of creations! Delicious fruity card:)
Anne
x

Suze Bain said...

Wow, your fruit is fabulous and that Christmas card is totally gorgeous. xx

Beryl K said...

Fabulous fruit and a brilliant Christmas card
Beryl x

Susan said...

Vicki, your fruity card is so cool! Your watercoloring looks awesome! I love the sponged ink on the second card...I find myself doing some sponging more often now because it just looks so cool. LOVE the tissue box cover. I made one a year or so ago and I'm still using it! I LOVE the simplicity of yours and might just make myself another one! Beautiful work! My Card is here

Jenni's Jems said...

I too have tried watercolouring and it too ended in the bin,but yours is brill as is your Christmas card x

Diane said...

Such vibrant colours! Lovely card xx

Dana said...

The fruit looks great! Nice job.

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow you really did have a fun craftin Saturday! these are amazing....I will just continue to CASE your CAS!!! LOL

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous projects! ;)

Maureen said...

Lovely cards, well done. You can view my card here.
Maureen.........x

G Peplow said...

Fabulous makes, love the deep colour on your fruity card, the Christmas card is lovely too. Your tissue box cover is beautifully coloured too, Gay xxx

Aileen said...

All fantastic projects. Your watercolouring on your fruit is fab. Super Christmas card too. x

Aileen said...

All fantastic projects. Your watercolouring on your fruit is fab. Super Christmas card too. x

Aileen said...

All fantastic projects. Your watercolouring on your fruit is fab. Super Christmas card too. x

Sasha said...

Love your creations! Your fruity card is perfect!

Angelnorth said...

Love your fruity card, the watercolouring turned out beautifully! Great CAS Christmas card, too!

Jenny said...

Brilliant projects..very creative. Love your fruity card, your watercolouring is perfect :)
Jenny x

Heather T said...

Lovely take on the sponged background block. The red and green blended looks great.

Kristina Collett said...

Wow, I love the colours you've used, they caught my eye immediately. I have decided to take a break from watercolouring because I am just so bad at it, I wish mine looked half as good as yours, it's fantastic.

Hannah said...

Great cards, love the composition and colouring of the LIM one :)