Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trying to Catch Up

As much as I enjoyed my vacation -- and it was fabulous  [Florida's white sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise blue water -- oh I was in heaven!!] it does set me out of kilter with my stamping!  I am trying to get caught up and reorganized.  I read that Blogger messed up on Wednesday, and it also eliminated alot of my logos on my blog.  I am really upset that my Watermark Tutorial got wiped out~ sheez that took me a few HOURS to make!  It's gone..so sad.  Will I re-do it? -- probably not. 
Meanwhile, I wanted to jump in and play in my favorite challenges:


 
This card is for my favorite One Layer Wednesday Challenge.  Susan had an inspiration challenge this week (another favorite) and I chose this cake. It really is an ugly cake [if you ask me],  but as a card it works.  I just spritz it with red and green and used PTI Think Big #2 stamp.  Nothing to it!
Taking the same card, I added some butterflies for the Less is More challenge, and I also spritz the the bflies with a pearl color. The spritzing is for Papertrey's Make It Monday.  I had fun with this very basic card.  I do have to say I like the butterfly one better.  But than again, who doesn't like butterflies!
I am off to play in the VSN challenge over at SCS. I have some requirements as a DT, being on vacation I am really behind in meeting my goals - the VSN challenges should help me get totally caught up!  Have you ever played in SCS's VSN (Virtual Stamp Night)?  Get the challenge, and make your card within a 45 min time frame!  It is really fun, and does help you get faster at making your cards.  Yes, sometimes I also do my CAS cards for these challenges -- ya know they are just so FAST :).
Thanks for stopping by -- I have missed you all the past week~~







 

16 comments:

Mandi said...

You are certainly Queen of ink techniques Vicky
Agree about the cake, quite odd choice, but, I guess it fitted in with the theme of the person that wanted it!
We do prefer more white space....as you know! We do go on LOL
Super CAS though...at it;s best!
Thank you so much
Great to see you, as always
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Marisa said...

Perfect take on the insp. piece!! Your butterflies are wonderful as is the spritzing.

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Sarn said...

Very interesting card!

My card is HERE!

Rita said...

Great card, I love those butterflies. Hugs Rita xx

Diane said...

Pretty butterflies...a great idea!

Seafield Jo said...

It's a great card Vicki. Jo x

Susan said...

I don't remember even seeing that cake...but I can see where you got your inspiration for the card! Great job on both challenges!

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, perfectly inspired by that strange cake!!

StampingStace said...

Adore those butterflies!
Stacey at 8
X

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great artsy card! So sorry to hear you lost so much stuff when blogger went down.

Suze Bain said...

Even though it's not that CAS (Lol) it's still a beautiful artistic card. xx

Susan Raihala said...

Okay, Vicki, the post for the OLW inspiration was SUPPOSED to be the Sunday Sweets with really pretty baby cakes. BUT I LOVE YOUR CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a butt ugly cake and how in the WORLD did you turn the idea into a FABULOUS card? Awesome work, Vicki!

Regina said...

Love the sprays of colour... It is funny how one thing can be so bad & by using a bit of imagination can become something awesome.

Benzi said...

I won't say anything about the cake except that your card looks much, much better than it. LOL

I see the intructions for your watermark tutorial are still there...just no photos. I'm glad because I used it when I made my watermark. I am also glad I printed out a copy so I now have the pics.

Auntie Em said...

OK, the cake looks like they let a three year old loose with the air brush but your card is gorgeous! I love how you took the loose background and added the butterflies to make it look so artistic and pretty.
Thanks for sharing! :)