Thursday, March 23, 2017

Simply Stamp Day Project

Today, using a few Simply Stamps products, I made a key holder that will come in very handy.  Here is the finished project;

We own a rental property, and the renters need our address [for mailing those rent checks ;)].  How perfect is this key holder for them!  A place for the keys, along with never loosing our address.

To make this project, I started with a 10¢ garage sale find frame.



I broke off the back stand since I want to hang this on a wall.

I cut a card panel the size of the frame



 
Now, the fun part starts!
Using Simply Stamps Ice Cream Cone stamp, I cut off the "ice cream" portion so I could use just the "cone" part. [This just extends the use of the stamp, as I can still put the 2 cuts together again to use the stamp as originally intended.]  
I stamped repeatedly across the card panel using the Color Box Wicked Black ink.
The advantage to this ink, is it is archival, and works with my water color pens.

I painted the frame using black paint, put everything back together again, and adhered some clear hooks. For the last step, I stamped my address using my Self Inking stamp.  All done!


Have you popped over to the Simply Stamps store to see all the products they offer?  
It is pretty amazing~


Thanks for stopping by~

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a GREAT project!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE it Vicki! What a thoughtful gift for your renters! Have a great day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cool and colorful and a great way to let them know where to send the checks. No excuse not having your address this way.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how fun Vicki, great idea!!

Nance said...

THis is stunning...I'm speechless! WOW