Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day For Sympathy

Well, this year has started off not.so.good.  You know how they say "it" comes in 3's?  Well unfortunately, this year has started with 3 awful occurrences; my cousin's passing [from cancer], my friend's husband [unexpectedly], and my other friend's father in law.  It's so sad when you lose loved ones, hopefully, my cards show my support.

 I used Hero Arts flowers with water coloring for a soft muted look.  Appropriate for a sympathy card.

 For these next 2 cards, I used extra water colored background panels that I had [to use on future cards.]  I wasn't planning on sympathy cards, but the muted background works perfectly, along with the HUGS die-namic from MFT.


And finally, my last card using Simon Says die cut, along with a beautiful butterfly.

Not the happiest post, but these type of cards are [unfortunately] needed.  I do hope the recipients know I am thinking and praying for them.


Thanks for stopping by~

11 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I am sorry Vicki. I know these cards touched hearts. Such amazing beauties.

Aileen said...

So sorry for your losses Vicki. I know the cards will be appreciated and even more having been made by you. Sending positive thoughts your way hugs Aileen

Mac Mable said...

Perfect and sympathetic for the very sad occasions x

~amy~ said...

oh no :(
They will be comforted with your gorgeous cards.
Hang in there.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I am sorry for the need for these types of cards but we all do have that need more often then we would like. I think all of the cards you created are lovely and will bring comfort to the recipients.

Lynette said...

So sorry for the loss of so many friends and family. How sad. Your cards are all so nice, and I'm sure they will be appreciated greatly.

Sheila H said...

Vicki, I am so sorry that you and your friends have suffered the loss of family and friends. Your cards are beautiful and so thoughtful. I know they will be appreciated and treasured.

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Vicki, these are all incredible! I especially like the last one!!

Loll said...

So sorry to hear of your losses. I also had to mail out three sympathy cards in the past month. This time of year it's especially hard. You did a wonderful job on all your cards and I'm sure they brought comfort to the families during their most difficult time. xx

Petra Swart said...

So sorry to hear about the losses, Vicki, but for sure it brought comfort to the recipients and they really appreciated these beautiful cards you made for them!!!! They will know that a lot of love went into each card - they are all so beautiful!!!!

cm said...

Heart hurting for these losses, Vicki. Your beautiful cards show support as well as thoughtfulness and compassion. I know they'll life the spirits of those who are suffering.
Hugs~c