Saturday, April 16, 2016

Playing in a few Challenges!

Gosh I find myself not playing in the fun challenges out here in blogland.  I get to the point where I miss them!  Therefore, I took some time, lined up the challenges I wanted to play in, and created a card.

Looks simple right? Ha! Not so much. Using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #232, I started by blending my background with 2 shades of gray [yeah, I know, it looks blue in my photograph, just trust me] for the Simon Says Flickr Challenge #43 (blending inks), and the Just Add Ink #307; yellow, 2 grays and white Once done, I added texture with an embossing folder.  Good so far... I made my inside sentiment panels [blended with yellow ink], stamped with Simon Says Happy 3x4 set and adhered onto the card base.  Still good... Then I decided to add a little more ump by stamping the dots [Simon Says Lots of Dots].  While doing that, I got ink all over the sentiment!!  So, I made another 2 sponged panels and re-stamped the sentiment. I added my flower from Simon Says Flower Friend

What should of been a 15 min card turned into a 30 minute card.  And people say CAS cards are easy.... yeah, oh, okay.  I am also entering this into the Curtain Call Challenge; Simplicity.


Fun times -- fun challenges!


Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

Shona Chambers said...

So excited to see you at Just Add Ink Vicki!! I find I make so many DT cards I miss out on challenges too. Love the way you used the colour combo and I find when I photograph gray it looks blue as well. The embossing is gorgeous and you always blend so perfectly. Hope you have to come back again sometime!!

Kathy Krug said...

What fun to play for fun. I so enjoy all your creations.

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love your blended greys background and the dots add a lovely level of interest - and your bold sentiment panels look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Nikki Spencer said...

Loving that background Vicki, the blend of grey tones works beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So simple and so very pretty! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Love the color and the texture!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really love your cool card design. And, sometimes the simplest ones do take us a long time but in the end they are so worth the effort and time spent. This is such a case with this one. Good luck in the challenges you entered too.

Ruth said...

This is lovely - I love the embossing on the background. I haven't played in a challenge for ages either - they can be good fun! xx

Lisa Elton said...

The extra work was worth it, the dots looks fantastic!!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Your embossed background with the dots is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Petra Swart said...

Yeah for combining such a lot of challenges, Vicki!!!! And what a great CAS card you made!!! I LOVE the dots you added - pity about having to re-do the sentiment!!!! - but your card turned out stunning in the end!!!! Lovely EF and flower!!! Oh, the tricks the camera plays on us, hey - I can just imagine how beautiful it must be in grey - grey and yellow is always a winning combination!!! Beautifully done, my friend!!!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

A very sweet birthday card and the blending in the background is done so perfectly! Thanks for playing in our colour combo this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Vicki. Love the rich yellow and the pretty blue... the blending looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Marisa said...

Love that diamond background and variegated colour. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.