Friday, May 9, 2014

Dare 2B Artzy Day

Friday again!  Time is flying by for this year, good grief~

Meanwhile, today is Dare 2B Artzy day on my blog.  I got a great sketch from Lesley again, Challenge #6, and wanted to create with it.

,
I am stalking blogs with the water coloring class they are taking, so for my background panel, I inked up my acrylic pad, spritzed it with water, and stamped it on to water color paper.  I have used this technique before and I just love the end result.  I used the D2BA stamp set, Hot Air Balloon and die.

For my next card, I joined in with The Butterfly Challenge #7; use a doily and of course, a butterfly.

I am finding myself creating with blue, aqua and turquoise, [a lot.] so, I grabbed some designer paper, which enables me to find "other" colors to use. For this card, I used D2BA stamp set, Thinking of you and Butterfly Kisses.

That's it for today -- see you tomorrow with Just Us Girls Challenge; a fun technique.
Also, did you comment on the STAMPlorations hop?  See it HERE. You have until May 11th.


Thanks for stopping by~

8 comments:

Deepti said...

These are beautiful, I love the BG on ur first card!! Awesome :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Very cool cards, Vicki. So glad to have talked to you yesterday!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Both gorgeous, Vicki!

Cornelia W said...

Gorgeous colors (and card, of course) - I especially like the second one, probably because of the sunny orange....

Danielle Vincent said...

Two beautiful cards! I love the happy feel and orange color of the butterfly card and the gorgeous hot air balloon and strip of vellum on the first. Happy I stopped by today from The Challenge to take a closer look.

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous colours for the butterfly card and love the butterfly. Not seen that design before . I'm finding that when using Mr Linky that entries don't show until you have closed the post and reopened. This might have happened here. Thankyou for joining in #7. hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

wienerhoneymooners said...

Vicki, this is ... Well both are, Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! Love them to bits!!! The balloon card makes me want to pull out a balloon set!!

scrappymo! said...

Love the pop of colour on your butterfly card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...