Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's Pinterest Day!

Now I am sure most of you [at this point] have heard of Pinterest, and probably are a member.  I love this site -- I spend hours and hours looking and pinning.  One of my boards is Things to Make  and another board, Storage. Well, I am thrilled to say I snagged the time and made 3 different projects.  I had so.much.fun! :)





































The box was a lasagna box that I cut in half (yay recycle), one is covered with paper, and the second one is covered with burlap. While working with the burlap was a bit of a challenge [I didn't measure quite right, whoops] that's okay. One is for storage and I am using the burlap box to hold all my tags that really, I have no idea what to do with them. :) Overall I am happy with these. I got the idea from THIS PIN.

This next project was so fun to make! I used the cardboard from a cereal box (yay recycle again) I got the directions from THIS PIN.





[Isn't DH handsome ;)] I used some really old Stampin Up dp paper  -- in my favorite color thank you very much. I am thrilled with how this turned out! It will be easy to hang up since I opted to have no back, or I can just stand it up on a table. Love this project, loved making it!

And last, but not least, I spray painted some bottles. [Note: In the future, wear rubber gloves, yes, my hands are white- sheesh] I like the way these turned out also. I only did 2 [testing].  Well, let's just say DH had to step in and "fix" them.  [I didn't have the patience that is needed and the paint dripped -- bad.]  So, I guess "we" made these.  [Patience has never been one of my virtues...] I got this idea from THIS PIN.


 A very fun, productive day.  It is nice to take a card break every once in a while~

Thanks for stopping by~
ps - need an invite to Pinterest?  Just leave a comment and an email, and  I will send you an invitation.  It takes about a week to get approval.

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

OMG - I am so giggling right now - my post tomorrow is pinterest inspired and I also admitted to a slight, um addiction to it! lol! Love what you've done with these boxes - they look absolutely amazing and yes, DH is handsome - (is it the Magnum PI mustache?) and finally, I will NEVER spray paint anything if it requires patience or a husband. I have the second, but not the first. You can ask him! lol!

Marisa said...

What a fun day you had :) Well done on all three projects!

Bumblebee said...

I also love pinterest, but its such a time vacuum!!! I love your projects. Especially the photo frame, I think I may have to give that a try. Go recycling!

Cheri said...

Vicki these projects are fabulous. Pintrest sucks up more of my time than anything else out there, but it's such fun to see things/do things from there. DH is certainly a handsome guy....and you make a very cute couple.

Joanna said...

Great projects Vicki! Love them! Hugs, J